Ohana / Trader Sam themed night

jacknsally19

DIS Veteran
Hi guys -

Since I had to cancel my trip to WDW this month - (DAMN YOU COVID!), I am going to plan a small family birthday party that is 'ohana / trader sam themed. We are going to do an outdoor movie - Lilo & Stitch and I'm getting takeout that is somewhat inspired by the Ohana menu.

Anyway, just wondering if my fellow Ohana / Trader Sam lovers had some other ideas on how I can incorporate it into my birthday?

Thanks in advance!

Many of the Trader Sam's drinks are available online or I'm happy to most those recipes. Any idea of what you are thinking of doing?

For our Labor Day BBQ I made Huli Huli Chicken, Hawaiian Fried Rice and Caramelized Brown Sugar Cinnamon Grilled Pineapple. Plus virgin Strawberry Daiquiris, 1947 Mai Tai (the original) as well as the 1971 Royal Hawaiian Mai Tai. Was also the kick off to the home tiki bar build I'm working on. 🍹🍹🍹

We did a tiki themed Valentine’s Day this year based on trader Sam’s where we made fruity cocktails and had this up on our TV all night:

We also ordered some tiki glasses and decor from oriental trading co.

We have found several of the Traders Sams drink recipes online. Tried several and they were as good.
Enjoy your party!

In addition to the window loop above, there are some audio YouTube vids that might be good.

We also have purchased a few of the special drink vessels in our visits. Not sure what the prices are like, but if you don't have any, you could buy a few off of ebay to add to the ambiance.

We did a "Ohana Night" at the beginning of COVID. Chow Mein from Panda Express, Hawaiian wings from Wingstop and we also made dumplings. That was enough food that we decided against grilling steak and shrimp.

Moving to Family board as this is not related to restaurants

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter