Ohana's - 6:40 or 8:55 ADR

rdkimmy

Earning My Ears

I am trying to decide between a 6:40 ADR or a 8:55 ADR on May 6th. It will be me, my husband, our 2 sons (12 and 9) and our son's friend (9). We are planning on being at EPCOT that day at RD. We have a sleep in day planned for the next morning.

My original plan was the 6:40 ADR and then watch the water parade and the fireworks from the beach at the Poly. Wishes is at 10 PM that night. We would have a pretty large chunk of time waiting for the fireworks to begin.

I just checked and there is an 8:55 ADR available. We could spend more time in the world showcase and then watch the fireworks from Ohana's. Either way was going to be a late night.

So, what do y'all think??:confused3

For me & my family the 8:55 is way to late to eat dinner. I would definatley pick the 6:40. Just my opinion.

6:40. Chances are you'll have a little bit of a wait to get seated. If you have time to kill, just walk around the grounds or take a ride on the monorail.

Theres not really a guarantee that you'll be able to see the fireworks from 'Ohana. Only a few tables have that view. If it were me, I'd keep the 6:40. It usually takes longer to get seated, so you might not even get to your table until 7 or later. If you finish dinner early, you could either go back to MK for the fireworks or just hang out at the poly. There is an Electric Water Pageant that can be viewed from the beach before the fireworks. We did dinner about the same time a few years ago and had time to kill before the fireworks so we walked around the resort, had a drink at the poolside bar, and just hung out on the beach until the water pageant started.

We've done late dinners in the past (thinking it would be better to stay in the park longer), but always found ourselves ready to go back to the room and rest/wash up midafternoon...then ready for dinner by 6 or 7 and needing food to tie us over til the late dinner. Now, I make our ressies for 5:30-6 (b/c of DS2 and because I'd rather eat, then go walk it off in the parks.)

With a reservation at 8:55 and wishes at 9 no way will you be seated at that time.
Most of those diners will jsut sit and stretch their dessert out til wishes is over.

I would not want to eat at Ohanas so late. It is way too much food to go to bed on and try to get a good nights sleep. Do the earlier one.

Hmmm...I'm gonna say, if you have another day at Epcot then do the earlier. If this is you're only Epcot day, do the later.

Thanks to everyone who responded. I have decided to keep the 6:40 ADR. We have 2 days planned at Epcot and we can always parkhop on Friday if we missed anything major. It is so hard not to start second guessing yourself when the time to leave gets closer.

What time should I plan to leave Epcot to get to Poly for the ressie?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter