Ok~ how much are YOU willing to pay to eat with the characters??

We have pretty much done all the character meals we are going to do unless Disney comes up with other themes and characters. I have requested that they look at a character meal for boys. Pooh is ok until they reach 6 or 7. We were fortunate enough to do the Villians meal which really appealed to DS and DH. We will not spend money to see multiple Poohs and Chip & Dale in different locations.

Guess I haven't really noticed the disgruntled character caravan posts. I have read where Magic Hour has everyone excited again. :)
I think it is a situation not everyone is going to be 100% happy. But the majority I am sure are.
DH and I have not used EE at WDW. But is sure is a big help for planning what park we want to go to.
Plus it is always great to have that option if you choose to use it.

My kids are pretty much past the character meal experience.:) My 10 yr old did request dinner at the Crystal Palace for our Dec trip and I will accomodate that request. However, I would never pay $20 for a breakfast, no one eats even half enough to justify that price, characters or not. Dinner I would pay $25-30 maybe, but quite frankly I would rather hop on over to Epcot and have a decent meal! My position is if you have been to one character buffet you've pretty much been to them all. The food is very similiar and although some have a standout item or two on the menu the food all tastes the same. When my child informed me he wanted to do a character meal I suggested he pick one and he replied he only wanted one. In the past granted the kids were smaller and enjoyed the character interaction more, we would do 4-6 character meals per trip. Had they wanted $20 a pop we would have only done half!

The costs right now is as high as I am willing to go. I can't see raising the price for breakfast foods. dinners ok yeah.......

I don't have a set amount that I would be willing to pay. Certainly there would be a limit, but I don't have a specific price in mind.

We just did 5 character meals (inc. 2 breakfasts) on our last trip and I am planning to go to 6 next time.

Character meals were the highlight of our 2 yr olds trip, and watching her smile and laugh, and hug the characters was well worth the price to us.

I know someone else mentioned that they are a waste of valuable park time. However, at the breakfasts we ate at, we were in the parks (epcot and mk) and finished eating before the parks were even open. It was perfect!

Teresa

I guess it's like everything else-- each person has their own priorities (translate that into what they're willing to spend money on). The $$ for character meals has never been about the meal itself. On the whole, they're the worst food on property IMO. But I go at least once a trip because I love Mickey. ;) It's the best quality time that money can buy! Quite literally.

Really, since when is anything at WDW a "deal?" Just price a Coke! It's crazy money. BUT we all keep going back because when we buy that (insert your chosen item here) we're REALLY buying pixie dust. And that's worth a LOT to me.

Our family of 5 loves character meals, and our ds who is celebrating his 11th birthday chose Pooh characters for character meal. All 3 of them want to eat in the castle with Cinderella. For us it's not about the food, although we've never had bad food. It's about the quality time with family and enjoying the characters. Yes, we can eat lunch for a lot less, but as long as we can fit character meals into our budget, we'll be going to them.

We ate at GG 2 weekends ago, and I was very impressed. It was a last min meal decision, and it was not necessarily for the characters ( we did not even have DH's autograph book). The food was quite a bit above a few of the other meals. Still was no V&A's but it was very good.

I won't be doing any more character meals unless I' am accompanied by someone who really wants one.

Now, if they had a meal with the Adventurers Club characters...I'd be there.

Originally posted by TDC Nala
Now, if they had a meal with the Adventurers Club characters...I'd be there.

An "ADULTS ONLY" character meal!!!

Maybe I can get to know the maid better! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter