Ok New Subject: Anybody Eat Here?

Kona Cafe/Big River, yes or no?

• Kona Yes

• Kona No

• Big River Yes

• Big River No

Results are only viewable after voting.

kmk1180

"Today's a good day to Win a Trip to Disney World.
Hi,
Ok new subject..My family and I are coming to WDW this June
She wants to eat at Kona Cafe and Big River Grille and Brew Works.

Anybody eat here? I think I ate at Kona Cafe in 97' and it was ok.
But it looks different than what I remember, has been been remodeled
since then?

And don't know anything about BRG.

We've never eaten at Kona, so can't help you there, but we have been to BRG several times. We really like it- the food is decent (although admittedly not unusual or amazing- basic, middle-of-the-road American more or less), and the microbrew beer is great. We like to get a table outside so we can enjoy the Boardwalk atmosphere in the evenings.

We enjoyed dinner at Kona just last month it was a very good meal (with the exception of dessert....skip dessert and grab something elsewhere if you are a dessert person!) The apps of the sticky wings (on Kevins recommendation!) were great!! I had the Tuna Oscar and LOVED it:lovestruc , my mom had it and thought it was a tad too spicy but good...DH had the scallops and shrimp and was NOT impressed, didn't hate it but didn't love it. Lastly Dad had the pomegranate pork chop and said he'd order it again (that means, in Dad language, he really liked it!) The drinks were great....according to my dad, they make a great martini.

As far as the remodel, it didn't look any different from when we had eaten there in 2004, but I couldn't tell you from any earlier than that!

sorry I didn't read that bit about posts only to be about the Pod Cast.
If you can't tell, I'm not the most computer literate person.

Kona Cafe is a favorite of ours, we ate two breakfasts and two dinners there during our last trip. The food and the service is always wonderful!

I hear more good than bad about BRG and you can call ahead to set up a ressie about a week or so in advance.

We've had excellent meals at Kona four times over the past year. I had crab cakes a couple weeks ago that were in NO way "sad" or "little", they were insanely good.

Joe gets nothing but their hamburgers (we always only go for lunch) but it's the one place on Disney property he wants to go to get a hamburger.

We checked out the dinner menu and think we'll be back for a steak for him and I think I would ejoy every entree!

Kona Cafe has gotten our top vote on the last two trips. We're planning to go back this year.

We ate at Kona in September and really enjoyed it. It was one of our top 3 meals.

We are going back again in April/May, although they changed the menu since and a couple of things we had last time, mainly the Macadamia Mahi Mahi were removed from the menu. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter