• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OK...tell me what to expect.....

TChrist05

DIS Veteran
Hello all....cruising in a category 11 on 9/11/03....with myself, DW, DD, and MIL who is 80 years old and had a double knee replacement a couple of years ago. I have pretty much given up hope of an upgrade, and I know that is the chance you take by booking a category 11....but how are the sleeping arrangements in a category 11....there is no climbing is there? It is only a 3 night cruise so I figured how much time do you spend in the cabin anyway.......any tidbits please send my way.....Thanks....
Tom

Hi Tom - I believe DD will need to sleep on the pull down bed above the sofa bed.

cruising in a category 11 on 9/11/03....with myself, DW, DD, and MIL who is 80 years old and had a double knee replacement a couple of years ago. I have pretty much given up hope

So it seems...

Bucksdad....the gray clouds over our heads have lifted....had a wonderful cruise in May so we are now looking at the sunshine.....but it would be nice to be surprised and get an upgrade......we did get a letter from Disney giving us a 1 category upgrade on any future cruise....won't use it for a 3 day....maybe November......
Talk to all soon...stay well!
Tom

To send you the upgrade letter!
I believe that all cabins that sleep four until you get to a cat. 4 have the pulldown bed over the sofa bed. (Even in a cat. 4 the only difference is the murphy bed pulls down from the wall but the couch bed is the same) So your DD could climb up to that and your mother in law would only have to manuver herself to the couch bed which is the same as in thing they would do even if you were upgraded to a cat. 5. Enjoy your cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter