Ok...US/IOA questions you may have answered before.......

UrsulasDaBomb

<font color=red>Lost Lamb Returned to the Flock<br
Alright...DH and I have decided that WDW might be on the agenda for a trip in late Sept 02.But...we are also considering US/IOA.Where can I go to find all the information(park times,cost,etc)about US/IOA?I don't even know where to start!Is there an official guide to US/IOA(like Birnbaum's)out there that I can read to get more information?I have never been to US before and it sounds like it might be worth my money if only I can get the info I need/want.I am one of those people who have to have every possible fact,figure,cost estimate,etc before I make any sort of financial decision.Please...help?

Thank you,Barry.I guess that'll be a place to start.Any suggestions on good moderate/value hotels to stay at while in Orlando?I want to stay at HRH but I know DH will NOT spring that kind of money for a hotel.Not even close....*sigh*Oh well...thankyou for giving me a place to start.

UDB,

You can try Priceline if you are flexible. Check out www.biddingfortravel.com for excellent hints on how to get the most for your money. Make sure you bid a 3 star in the Universal area. Lately the Radisson Universal, an excellent 3 star literally across the street from the parks, has been bid for and won for very little money... $20-30 a night.

The Days Inn, Red Roof Inn, ExtendedStay and Suburban Lodge on Major Blvd are also very reasonable and very close to the parks. You might want to check their websites and check out their rates.

www.hotelkingdom.com and www.hoteldiscounts.com are also great sites for low cost hotel rooms.

Good luck!

HOw much will your DH be willing to spend? If avilable wehen you go the entertainment rates at HRH are great (right now 117 a night I believe). It is well worth staying on site, especially at the HRH. The parks are just a few minutes walk from the HRH and FOTL rocks.

I'm guessing(knowing what a tightwad DH is) that he is willing to spend around 1800-2000 for the whole trip,airfare,etc.

Also...if we go offseason(say in Febuary or in Late september 02),how much time would it take to 'do' the whole park(ie..see all the shows,do all the rides)???

Our whole trip was less than that...about $1200 for everything airfare, Discovery Cove, rental car,meals, USF tickets etc... it can be done.

Time wise, we got to USF as it opened..in fact we were early, and had to wait for the gates to open. We did everything that interested us more than once and was done about 435 pm. The only things we didnt do were the Wild West Show, and the Woody Woodpecker coaster. But we did Men in Black three times, and after that shot on over to IOA until closing. There we were able to do Hulk twice, Storm Force, Jurassic Park, and look around.

IOA we got there at 830 (early entry day) and was able to do literally everything, and be done by 500 pm. The only thing we missed was the Sinbad show... but we did multiple rides on Hulk, and Spiderman... and after 5 pm went back to USF to do MIB and BTTF.

Yes, it can be done.

3 days is a good amount of time to spend at US/IOA. You really should be able to get everything done in 2 in the slow season especially with FOTL and EE if you stay on site. So for about the same money for 3 nights at a cheaper hotel you could stay at HRH for 2 nights with the entertainment discount and use the onsite privileges

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter