Okay, LADIES, what fad do you want back?

jamsmom

<font color=deeppink>Really isn't mean at all!<br>
Okay, I am looking through some of the new spring catalogs. Because I am not the perfect size 2 (or even close) anymore, I wish they would bring back..........

OVERSIZED SHIRTS THAT GO DOWN TO THE KNEES

My thighs are just the pits and I like wearing long shirts.

What do you want to come back in style?

I've never been one to follow fads, I just wear what I like but since fads come and go and when they go you can't find things you liked anymore...

I loved those leggings that were popular for a couple of years, hey, worn with those big shirts actually! The leggings had lace on the ankles and were so cute! You could get them long, capri and short. So cute with a long sweater, those big shirts or the baby doll tops that were also very popular at that time.

I'm SO glad that the peasant look came back, it was also one of my favorites! :teeth:

I would say, HATS. I'm a short person who happens to look better proportioned (and taller) with a hat. Why did they ever go out of style for ladies anyways???:confused:

I like the peasant look too. It's so pretty.

Pin straight hair, I'd be in my element. :)

I don't want big 80's hair back or anything, but back "in the day" at least being neat and CLEAN was in.... I see teenagers now and they look like they need a good shower.... and their pants are dragging on the ground.... yuck yuck yuck.:tongue:

I just loved those pretty dresses, so romantic. I also love the 40's style dresses and hats, with the little veil! Not that I ever got to wear them, but I found a couple of my mom's. :p :p

I don't follow fads, either....but they don't sale big, oversized shirts like they use to. If I buy one that is long enough, then it is falling off my shoulders: )

Sheree Bobbins-- Hats really are not "out." They seem to be in more now than ever, it seems that way anyway.

Believe it or not, big hair. Not giant but poofy bangs and hair that you actually had to do.
And I loved slouchy socks, and lace ankle socks. And leggings with big shirts. I guess I loved the eighties.

I want to see some colors come back - like rose or mauve. I am so tired of the browns. I don't look good in brown. I also like the oversized shirts. I still remember wanting to buy one and my mom wouldn't let me. :(

Re: Anyone remember the "Gunne Sax" dresses?

I have 2 long dresses and 2 beautiful blouses that are Gunne Sax. I can't part with them because they are so pretty. (I bet I can't get my big toe in them either! LOL

Tight jeans!!!! No so much tight tight jeans, but at least legs that you cant fit 5 legs into 1 leg hole. Maybe form fitting would be a better term than tight.

I also like the stretch pants/leggings with slouchy socks. They are so comfortable, and like I said above, I like pants that fit my legs.

Rubenesque figures and pale skin. LOL

I hate having to buy jeans now days. If they fit my hips/thighs, you can get 3 extra inches bunched at the waist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter