Okay - Who HAS gotten the first and/or last day dropped??

WDWorBUST

DIS Veteran
Okay I've asked if anyone had not been able to get the first and/or last night dropped on a UHP when they purchased it at their resort - maybe I asked the wrong question :D

So my new question.....

Who has successfully gotten the first and/or last day dropped from a UHP upon check-in and at what resort?? And did they require any "proof" of your departure time?? I will have to be at the airport by 3:30ish but I REALLY want to relax that last day with no park time ;)

Thanks guys in advance - AND as soon as I get my mind made up and set I will quit having all these questions!

Amanda

Are you talking about a length of stay pass??? We have purchased those before... you just tell the CM at check-in. They put it right on your room key. You can drop the day you check-in or the day you check-out.

We've done it at the BWI, CBR, and POR. The only bad thing is that if you don't use all the days (if you get sick or something) the passes expire so you can't save them for your next trip. The best reason to do it is if you want fewer than 4 days in the parks. :D

Forgot to add...

They have never asked us for any proof that we were leaving, you are free to drop a day without question. ;)

Yes - I am referring to the Length of Stay passes - I get so confused now that they are calling them the Ultimate Park Hopper :D I tried to talk my husband into regular park hopper plus passes this trip but he likes the flexibility of being able to go to Disney Quest or Pleasure Island every night if we want to - especially in December when the parks close a little earlier. It just irritates me that Disney doesn't have an Official Policy on this - when I called they said it was at the discretion of the desk clerk that checks you in....so I guess what they are saying is if that person is having a bad day you could get stuck with having to buy an LOS (UHP) for 8 days instead of the 6 you want. Of course if this were to happen we would probably just buy the regular hoppers.

Anyone else successfully done this? I'm staying at All Star Sports.

I'm hoping to do the same thing at the YC in November. DH has an AP, and we want to purchase an UPH for me for only 3 days, cutting off the last day.

Hoping it will work out...

Originally posted by WDWorBUST
Who has successfully gotten the first and/or last day dropped from a UHP upon check-in and at what resort?? And did they require any "proof" of your departure time?? I will have to be at the airport by 3:30ish but I REALLY want to relax that last day with no park time ;)

Amanda

I've had BOTH the first AND last day dropped at Old Key West. No "proof" or any explanation required. I just asked nicely.

I've never had a problem doing this. At the Dolphin, we did not want it for our day of departure. The desk clerk was more than willing to handle the transaction.

I've never had a problem dropping a day. In fact, the day we arrived at 1 pm, it was kind of an automatic thing - " would you like to start your pass tomorrow..."

Last year we had DD planned for our last day, so at check in at BWV we had the last day dropped from our UHP.
Robin M.

We had both the first and last days dropped when we checked into BWV. We first asked for our arrival day to be dropped and then mentioned our early flight home and he took that day off too!

Last year we got BOTH our first and last days dropped at WL. What they did was split our reservation into 3 separate ones: 1 day (arrival day), then 6 days with the UPH passes, then 1 day (departure day). It was no problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter