OKW all the way

ILoveMyDVC

DIS Veteran
"heck no I only know that one"

Response from my DD when I asked her if she wanted to stay somewhere besides OKW for our upcoming trip in the Summer. She has not been to WDW since 2011 (in the military; stationed overseas). She is bringing her DF who has never been to WDW but always wanted to go. (How fun is that!) We are going to break in our future SIL - he'll learn to love Disney Commando style ;-)

She has indeed been to the inside of every WDW resort that existed pre-2011. In most cases, more than once so she does 'know'.

We've been members since 1994 - 1 night at BWV - otherwise OKW, baby, every time.

OK since early '92 as well. We've visited Vero a couple of times after a WDW vacation. Aside from that we did one trip at SSR which was nice, but we missed a number of things unique to OKW. Last trip we went to OKW for a week and then three nights at the Polynesian in a studio. Loved that as well, but something always makes us long for "home". :)

OK since early '92 as well. We've visited Vero a couple of times after a WDW vacation. Aside from that we did one trip at SSR which was nice, but we missed a number of things unique to OKW. Last trip we went to OKW for a week and then three nights at the Polynesian in a studio. Loved that as well, but something always makes us long for "home". :)

Smacking my head with a memory stick - we did stay at HH once for a night but I don't count that against my OKW at WDW totals because it is not in Florida.

DH feels the same way. He even made us sell our contract elsewhere so he could become an OKW owner. I've finally gotten him to reluctantly stay at BCV occasionally, but otherwise, at WDW, it's OKW for him. At least we can agree on HHI-when not at WDW, our favorite resort.

Also an owner here since 92, we have stayed at OKW on most of our trips. We tried out BCV, BWV,SSR and AKV but had to stay at OKW the last few days of our trips. There is something so relaxing about it!

Been owners since 92 and as our kids used to say when they were younger, Old Key West is the best! But I must say, now that our kids are adults, we would like to see a much better counter service at OKW. It would be great if they would do something like Saratoga Springs with a larger menu and indoor seating.

Another OKW owner and lover here. However, my family likes to try other resorts, so we have stayed at AKV, Saratoga, BCV, BLT as a result. All are nice, have pluses and minuses but my favorite continues to be OKW. I like the larger rooms, parking near the front door, lush landscaping, the décor and laid back atmosphere. you just can not beat it in opinion.

Stayed at BLT for my SO since he wanted to stay. Literally...15 mins after getting into the room tried (successfully) to switch to an OKW 1br instead of a BLT studio. Beyond excited to get out of BLT! OKW owner here too :)

We feel the same way although my elderly mom also became partial to BLT when we spent a week there (OKW was overbooked and they moved us there) and she could watch the MK fireworks every night from the living room. We have a smaller contract there as well now and we sometimes split our stays when she travels with us. We'll be at BLT in 3 weeks because DH wants to wait until the OKW renovations are complete. I do enjoy both resorts, but OKW has a very special place in my ❤️.

We feel the same way although my elderly mom also became partial to BLT when we spent a week there (OKW was overbooked and they moved us there) and she could watch the MK fireworks every night from the living room. We have a smaller contract there as well now and we sometimes split our stays when she travels with us. We'll be at BLT in 3 weeks because DH wants to wait until the OKW renovations are complete. I do enjoy both resorts, but OKW has a very special place in my ❤️.

We also are OKW loyalists, first bought SSR but after taking a peek at okw my wife insisted on a add on at okw to be able to book stays and have been staying there two weeks every other year.

Hoping the refurb doesn't interfere with out Aug. stay. Don't want to be moved.

Hoping the refurb doesn't interfere with out Aug. stay. Don't want to be moved.
We have an August stay also and have "volunteered" to move to Yacht Club (which was not available when we originally made our OKW booking). Disney mustn't need anyone to move in August as they want an additional £320 from us to move to a cheaper room!!!!!

We have an August stay also and have "volunteered" to move to Yacht Club (which was not available when we originally made our OKW booking). Disney mustn't need anyone to move in August as they want an additional £320 from us to move to a cheaper room!!!!!

Our August trip was just moved to September - minutes ago by the military - picking September dates now

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter