OKW - August

WolfpackFan

Retired and loving every minute of it!!
Would I have any problems getting a 2BR unit at OKW at 7 month window for first week of August (actually just 5 nights)? Would I need to do day by day calling or could I just wait until 7 months from check-out day? We're taking DD25 and DS30 with us to WDW next August and I'm attracted to OKW because of the lower points.

make a reservation at your home resort at 11th month -then change it.

No, I don't think you will have a problem booking OKW 2-bedroom in August.

lots of the southern schools are back in school August 1 - or soon after.

however to be save call MS the first day you would call to make reservations and ask them.

they are pretty good about telling you when you need to book day by day and when you can wait until the end to make the entire reservation.

I don't think you will have any problem waiting until the 7 month point and booking the whole reservation at once. If you were trying to book a studio, maybe, but not for a 2 bedroom unit, since they are the most plentiful unit at OKW.

We booked a 2 bedroom the week before during August a few years ago. I think you can wait until the 7 month date too.

We're going this August from the 18th - 26th to OKW. We only just joined DVC in March, and our home resort is Saratoga Springs. My mom had absolutely no problem booking our 2br at OKW in April, which is even later than the 7 month window. So I really doubt you'll have a problem. :)

In the past, I'd say you wouldn't have any trouble, but darn it! There's been so many posts from people letting the secret out about OKW, it might be getting to be a more popular place to be. I'm afraid OKW might get harder to book at 7 months. Honestly, I think you'll still be fine though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter