OKW buildings 30-33 are occupied as of today!

Here are some more photos courtesy of a user on another forum. Note that they said the colors in the picture aren't accurate to what you see in real life, so take hues with a grain of salt. They said: "owners since 94 and said the colors were great and more in line of what they liked in the original."

My two main thoughts:

1) The kitchen looks cheap with no backsplash
2) What on earth is that rug in the living room?! Way too much combined with the colurful coffee table

G8novXT.jpg
n3TSiY1.jpg

6u24xMe.jpg

QKuXE91.jpg

eZQOV7i.jpg

WNXxO4X.jpg

Even given that the hues are off, the colors are nothing like the original OKW color scheme of coral and apple/seafoam green. And the couches were never a solid color, the originals were a coral and seafoam plaid. The first redo was the darker plaid.

Here's the original

Notice the dark green carpet, the coral plaid love seat and green plaid sofa, the old chair prior to the sleeper chair, the light dining room table.
OKWlivingroom.jpg

Coral wall in master bedroom with metal bed and floral bedspread
OKWmaster.jpg

DIstressed apple/seafoam green wood wall in master bath - though the coral towels were already gone.
OKWtub.jpg

ANd the seafoam green wall in the studio, with coral print bedspreads.
OKWStudio.jpg

Last edited:

I think they should have left the wood wall in the bathroom, but I do like the new bathroom overall.

The living room rug and coffee table I don't like at all. The couches could have been light blue or light green to give it a more Key West vibe.. they look beige in the photo although it's hard to tell.

It's hard to tell in the original photos, but the alligator table originally had a creamy yellow top, there were replicas of picture post cards of Key West laminated into it. They also either replaced or did a lot of work to the jetted tub, there aren't as many jets, and it looks like the on/off switch has moved to behind the faucet.

Last edited:
In looking at the sleeper sofas I'm feeling that Potrock's statement that they'll get the sleeper sofas right did not mean in this refurb? They look like the same sofas that have been going in on all the new builds and refurbs.

It looks like they are putting the 2oz bottles of shampoo/etc in the renovated villas. We were in a studio in Bldg 35 for the marathon and we only had the tiny bottles.

I wish they kept the light green wall in bath. I feel it would have some color to the room. I am really happy to see the rest of the bathroom redone, it needed it really bad. I can not tell from the pictures but it looks like in the kitchen cabinets the knobs are gold, with stainless steel appliances. Also in bath by tub gold knobs on folding doors and silver faucets. This drives me crazy. I know it may not bother someone, but it looks cheap to me. OKW is our home resort and whenever we stay there I always notice that the door handle in the bedroom is gold and the door next to it is silver. I just felt this would be a complete refurb, and still old coffee table too. We will be there in May in a grand villa in HH area so I hope building 25 is done because I would like new bathrooms since they are so old looking.

I think it looks pretty good, the rug I bet is a late edition due to 'no colour' complaints. I'd be surprised if the kitchen doesn't have a splashback, think it's glass or polycarbonate, just a similar colour to the walls. It was a guy called Khan who claimed to be getting the sofa beds right, I agree this seems to be starting with the SSR refurb, with the testing of the Murphy sofabed and also an entirely different traditional design.
I'd like to stay in one of these renovated rooms.

If they didn't add something to the cover the paint in the splash back area, that is real mistake. We have had apartments that didn't do that and it was mess to clean and after a half a dozen cleanings it needed painting again, of course they used cheap paint too. Maybe DVC has better paint. But the painted wall is not usually smooth so grime gets in the crevices.

I am glad I only take showers as that tub with a step looks dangerous. I didn't think about the step sticking out into the room and making it a tripping hazard.:rolleyes2

The jetted tub at OKW has always has a step...it used to be white tile, not it is some type of flooring.

The jetted tub at OKW has always has a step...it used to be white tile, not it is some type of flooring.
yes.
The step was always there. It was white ceramic tile before. The tub is very deep, so without the step, it would be a very large step down into the tub.

I truthfully don’t mind it. Perhaps it’s just that I like it all fresh and clean. Those baths needed doing badly. Glad to hear that there is a backsplash. Not live by the fabric on the couches, but prefer it to the old ones.

I've looked at several of the remodels and it's like they're removong the Disney aspect. Even therefurbed rooms at Pop Century are bland. You'd never even know it was a disney resort. Whathappened to theming?

Found a video of a renovated 1 bedroom although it's not very good quality. Why are all the pics so far at night?! Someone mentioned maybe the kitchen backsplash was glass or clear, but it doesn't look like there's anything to me...

Last edited:
We are in a one bedroom in April. I hope we get a refurbished room! How far along are they now?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter