OKW Bus Route Through Parking Lot

robinb

DIS veteran
Does anyone remember which OKW buildings have the bus route turn aound through the unit's parking lot? I go to OKW for the quiet and I don't want a bus driving right by my unit every few minutes. I seem to remember that it's buildings 51 and 53 near South Point Road, but I don't remember. I'm hoping that someone else can remember better that I can this morning ;).

OKW Map

Robin,

Looking at the map to jog the ole memory...it looks like 51-52 are the South Point buildings. Building 20 and part of 21 are in the Miller Road turnaround area.

Building 26 is right next to the Peninsular Rd. bus stop and can be a little noisy. We've stayed in building 24 a couple of times and it's very quiet, especially if you get a 3rd-floor unit.

We just came back on Wednesday from our 2nd stay at OKW. We were in the very first building to the right after you pass thru the Guard station, Bldg. #63. We were also the studio unit that was closest to the road, so we knew we would hear the busses coming and going. I can honestly say that once I hit the bed at night, I never heard a thing. We had thought maybe we should ask to be moved, but it was never a problem.

My problem with the busses is that on the return trip back to OKW, I wish the bus made a stop at the Hospitality House first and then went thru the resort, then a last stop at the Hospitaality House. We were close enough to our room to spit on the building when the bus first pulled in and then had to travel the whole loop. If we had not had our own vehicle that we used for several trips, this would have gotten old very quickly.

Buildings 62 and 63 (part of the new construction of 1999) are pretty noisey. They're located at the entrance near the guard post. Not much land there either. And of course, no lake, course or birdies..........:smooth:

The buses use the parking lot in front of buildings back in the 51 & 52 area. I asked about this on our first visit to OKW in 1995. The driver told me that the turnaround was too small to allow the buses to turn around. Score another one for the engineer in charge of that one. :)

RweTHEREyet: We stayed in building 64, right next to you. We too felt like the return bus trip through the resort was endless. So we started getting off at Peninsular Rd., which is the first stop on the way back. It's really a pretty short walk to your room from there, not much longer than from the Hospitality House.

One MK night my wife and daughter stayed on the bus because they were so tired, and the rest of us got off at Peninsular. We beat them back to the room by at least 10 minutes. And like I said, it's not much extra walking at all.

We stayed in Building 50 once and it seemed a little louder than usual. The busses were driving through the circle there every half an hour or so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter