OKW & BWV Grand Villas???

KathyR

Happy DVC Member
Has anyone stayed/been in both of these Grand Villas?

I am planning a trip next October, so I need to nail down my plans. We are BWV owners, so I will be reserving day by day there regardless. I am considering trying for OKW at the 7 month window to save points, but I have a concern.

In looking at the layouts, it appears that BWV has more seating areas in the living room space. Can anyone compare BWV to OKW in this regard? There will be 12 plus one under 3 in my party, so this is important to me. I have no doubt both would work for us, but I am trying to figure out which would be the most ideal.

Thanks for any info/opinions on these 2 GV. We love both BWV and OKW the same, so that is not a factor in my decision. We usually go one year OKW and one year BWV. It is my BWV year, but that is no biggie.

I think you are correct.

but remember there are 2 types of GV at BWV.

the one in their video and room layout is everything on the first floor.

I don't think the GV that is on 2 floors has they same seating area.

We have been in both of the BWV GVs. I much prefer the one story to the 2 story. There are 2 2 story GVs and both are right next to each other on the 5th floor. As you look at the BW from outside and see the area with the pillars, the two 2 story GVs upstairs bedroom balcony is on what would be the 6th floor is there was one. Only one of the bdrs upstairs has a balcony in the 2 story version. Also, the master bdr doesn't have a balcony. You also don't get a seperate laundry room like you do in the 1 story. The laundry is the stackables found in the 1 and 2 bdr and they are located upstairs. There is also no closet off the main entrance. The kitchen I thought was almost smaller than in any of the other units. The 1 story does have more seating room in the living room and much more balcony space. The laundry room is huge and another great place for storage like luggage, if needed. I have never tried for an OKW GV as I hear they are next to impossible to get at the 7 month window.

OKW Grand Villas are a couple hundred square feet larger than BW, as I understand it. If you have 13 people in your group, you might need that extra space!!!!! A possible BW advantage though is that BW GV's have more than one balcony (although I think the one at OKW is larger?) We will be at OKW in a GV next week so will report back...Personally,I lprefer the 2 story OKW configuration (no kids this trip) as it seems to be more private than everything on one floor. OKW is our home resort and I did book our OKW GV at 11 month window but also was able to add a Saturday night at about 4 months out. Good luck!

Thanks for your input (all of you).

I am thinking if I get a single story BW GV that it may work out better for our group seating wise in the living spaces. Since 8 of us are adults, I would love for us all or as many as possible to have a comfy seat in the living room. BWV seems the way to go in this regard. But my luck, we will get the 2 story GV, and the extra living space that I was hoping for will be lost :)

I am sure OKW and BWV are both fine over all size wise for our group. I also believe the one bedroom in the OKW GV has 2 doubles instead of 2 queens(???), so that may not be as good as well for our group.

Obviously, I need to do some more thinking on this....

I will just reserve our BW GV day by day and talk to the group some more over the next few months and give them the input that you all have given me along with my own research to see what they think. I must admit the point savings by going w/OKW are pretty substantial and tempting even with the reduced seating in the living room.

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter