OKW Gorillas!!

KLEONARD

WDWRunner
DW and I joined DVC in February 05. We have planned our first trip with our niece (4yo) this October. Staying VWL. My DW's sister and husband were curious about DVC and we showed them all the literature and DVD. Our niece, Abby, studied the pictures and rated the resorts by pools.
When we asked her if she was going to like the VWL, she said yes, because there were no gorillas. Her 4yo mind had heard Grand Villa and turned it into a word she understood, GORILLA! So in Abby's world, no resorts with gorillas, especially OKW. She heard us tell her parents the largest gorillas are at OKW. LOL!
If the rumors are true about AKL going DVC, Abby may get to see that grand villa gorilla.

Great Story.

I bet they have Baking Sodas though - little 4 year old thought Vacancies were Baking Sodas.

:)

Art Linkletter was a genius...kids do say the darnest things!

Even Richyams would find this OKW humor to be very funny!! :rotfl2:

one our lads prayers was thank you lord for the birds and peas
Paulh

You are so right, kids do say the darndest things! Isn't it delightful!!!

I'm finally having the opportunity to view the world through my grandson's 5yr old eyes.

He came over to spend the day with us and I asked him what he wanted to do? His reply was, "go to Bass Pro Shop and have some Bee Turkey" I of course said, "What is that?" He replied with exasperation, "Oh Grandpa, you know, they take a cow and cut off some meat and roll it up and eat it!"

As my wife was gagging over the explanation,
I finally realized he was saying "Beef Jerky" not Bee Turkey!

Tom & "Ryan" :love2:

:rotfl: These are WONDERFUL!

(hahah Tom - I knew right away with bee turkey was :earboy2: but then, I still have a 3 year old at home that I have to decode language for at times! :goodvibes )

Word to the wise - Never send your kids to Grandma and Grandpas while they are doing home rennovations. Funny how some words are very easy to understand when coming out of a 3yo's mouth. ;)

Hope no one ever tells my niece about teh gorrillas, she'll never go to WDW!

You might explain to your niece that she can always pick up some gorilla repellant at the drunk store.

rocketriter said:
You might explain to your niece that she can always pick up some gorilla repellant at the drunk store.
Where's teh smilie for laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes? Oh, if you only knew my apprehensive little niece.

wtpclc said:
Oh, if you only knew my apprehensive little niece.
Oh, I do. Only she's my son when he was younger. (And I confess, I'm the one who used the expression "drunk store" about fifty years ago!)

When we asked her if she was going to like the VWL, she said yes, because there were no gorillas.

Actually.....there ARE "gorillas" at ALL the DVC resort pools!! I've Seen them!!

It's not at all uncommon to see great male 'silver backs' and their aged mates
Congregate in the afternoons at all the DVC resort pools. Sometimes they bring their grand-off springs to the watering holes as well!!!

;)

rocketriter said:
Oh, I do. Only she's my son when he was younger. (And I confess, I'm the one who used the expression "drunk store" about fifty years ago!)
:rotfl: You would have gotten along well with my friend. When they were discussing their parents jobs in from of their class, she said her dad was an alcoholic. (She could not say teh 2nd word, therapist. Got a call from the teacher on that one!)

My wifes father was diagnosed with emphysema, her neice was 4 at the time. My wife overheard her neice tell a playmate that her grandpa could not come to see her because he had, "Bad Breath"! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter