OKW Grand Villa at 7 months?

Hilary

There's always something new to learn!
I'm very new to DVC (closed a couple of weeks ago :) ), so I hope this isn't too dumb a question for all you experts out there!

I'm in the middle of arranging a trip for extended family in October 2002 (nothing like planning ahead!). Because of the dates we need to tie in with school vacations in the UK, we've had to book our flights already, which makes us fairly inflexible when it comes to accommodation arrangements.

We want to book 7 nights in a Grand Villa at OKW for the middle of October 2002, but as my home resort is VWL I can't try until the 7 month window. I'm now panicking that we won't be able to get the Grand Villa if we don't have the 11 month advantage.

How quickly do the OKW Grand Villas fill their reservations? Am I likely to get one at 7 months?

Any suggestions welcome, thanks for the help!

You may be able to work a point trade with someone so that you can utilize the 11 month window if you are that concerned. I don't know if they book up fast, but if you look at the point value of a GV at OKW vs. a GV at Boardwalk I would get one at OKW. Good luck!

My neighbors (DVC members also) did get the Grand Villa at OKW at about the 6 month mark.

Why don't you book 2 2bedrooms at your home hotel at the 11 month mark so you have the rooms; and then check for the grand villa at the 7 month mark. If available then move the resie.

Good Luck.

We are bringing a group of friends next year. (Our home resort is BWV.) However, instead of spending more points than we can afford to spend on a grand villa, we opted to go for 2 2bedrooms. Our reasoning? More room, two washer / dryer combos instead of one, two kitchen areas. We hope our rooms are adjacent, but if they aren't we'll live with it, I guess. But that might be an option you consider. Then if there are no grand villas at the 7-month window, you'll already have accomodations reserved.

Actually the equivalent in occupancy to a GV is a 2br and a studio....

And I think 2- 2br's at OKW is more points than a GV....at BWV though I think its the opposite.
Check the points charts!

In a few years we want to take a larger group too. I plan to reserve a 2br and studio at BWV at 11mo then try to switch to an OKW GV or just the 2br and studio at 11mo.

The idea of exchanging reservations is also a good one and we might try that instead.

Thanks for the replies :)

Yes, I had thought I'd book <i>something</i> at 11 months to make sure we had accommodation - I'll have to work out the best option on that.

I hadn't thought of exchanging points - does anyone have any tips for me on how to go about that? I'll take a look over on the rent / trade board for soem background as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter