OKW GV

BLTtinkerbell

DIS Veteran
Please share your thoughts on OKW GV’s. We have never stayed at OKW, but are considering it for a future trip.

We have stayed in a GV at SSR and loved it.

We would be a family, all adults 18 and over, traveling with grandparents, 10 people total.

OKW is our home and we love the GV. Note that you need to be able to climb stairs as all but 1, building 49, is 2nd floor and the #2 and #3 BR are up another flight. The elevator building have GV, but are sorta reserved for those with medical needs, but you still need to climb a flight for the 2nd and 3rd BR. Also unlike the SSR BRs, OKW #2 has 2 queens, but #3 has 2 double beds. You get a much larger balcony and the living area is larger, a real laundry room and 4 full bathrooms.

That would be great, but I didn't think there was space for queens in BR 3#.
Anyone stay in one that confirm?

That was the urban legend with BCV - that there wasn't room in some of the 2nd bedrooms - and why some 2BR's only had a sofa bed in the second bedroom but during the refurb they must have found a few more inches! (Actually I never understood that as a queen sofa bed would take up more room than a queen bed which is why I say urban legend).

But that was changed online. Is the second bedroom in the OKW GV so obviously different in size?

I may be wrong, as I own at both BCV and OKW and could’ve gotten them mixed up about the additional queen beds being added. We stay in both the OKW GV and 2 bedroom and studio at BCV.

The OKW GV is huge. We were there last April. There is a sleeper chair in the living room along with a sleep sofa.
I like OKW much better than SSR because of the space. With a group of 10 adults you would appreciate the two couches, upholstered chair(sleeper), and four additional chairs in the living room. There's comfortable seating for 10.
The comment about stairs is important if anyone has mobility issues.

That was the urban legend with BCV - that there wasn't room in some of the 2nd bedrooms - and why some 2BR's only had a sofa bed in the second bedroom but during the refurb they must have found a few more inches! (Actually I never understood that as a queen sofa bed would take up more room than a queen bed which is why I say urban legend).

But that was changed online. Is the second bedroom in the OKW GV so obviously different in size?
Yes, that third bedroom is much smaller than the other upstairs.

Does anyone know if the Old Key West 3 Bedroom Grand Villas have the dispensers for shampoo/conditioner or if they are still using the small bottles?

Does anyone know if the Old Key West 3 Bedroom Grand Villas have the dispensers for shampoo/conditioner or if they are still using the small bottles?
The one bedroom villas have them. So, I'd expect all the villas to have them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!