Okw, Here We Come!!!

elijahpep

DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Hon
:woohoo: Just was so excited, had to share. We just experienced our first points transfer :yay: and will be traveling to OKW in July for a last minute scheduled trip. This will be our first time there and thanks to all you glorious DIS'ers, we are really anticipating all the great things you each share daily with regards to OKW. BUT,.... if anyone would like to tack on a few ideas that aren't talked about frequently, I'll be more than thankful to read your info!

SSR, is our home and plan many trips there over the years, but this was a :hourglass last minute thing. Got DVC ressies for July 15th this morning, just like that! Can't wait to see all the lovely things there, since there are so many who adore this resort and have such a fuss ( a good fuss ;) ) about it.

:disrocks: BIG THANKS TO THE DVC RENT/TRANSFER and CH the person we bought transfer points from! :teacher: That R/T board is ingenious! :thanks:

~DW ::MinnieMo

I'm sure you'll love OKW. We have not stayed there yet but have visited and it is a lovely resort!

OKW is great. It is our home resort, x2. We have purchased 2 contracts there.

I love their main pool and their quiet pools. At the main pool, you can rent bikes, boats etc. The boats can go all the way to DTD.

I love walking around OKW. The grounds are lovely.

I love the walking path that takes you to SSR and DTD.

I love the fact that there is not a bad view from anywhere, as far as I know. There are golf course, water or woods views. No dumpsters, roads or garbage cans.

I love the extra large room size.

I love the light, bright, airy decor.

I love the little main area, which is like a little town center.

Can you tell I just love OKW.

Thanks you MagicMommy and Disney Doll! We haven't seen it either and really are excited to see what all the hub bub is about! ;)

:idea: Disney Doll you bring up exactly what I wanted to know. The things you described sound lovely and WOOHOO :cool1: it's one more trip to DISNEY!!!

Again, thanks so much for :charac2: sharing in my little piece of happiness today!!!!

:flower3: HUGS!

I see you go to Disney about as much as I do. :love: Congrats on your new ressie at OKW. It is a charming place. I love the music and the atmosphere at OKW. I have only been once and am looking forward to staying again. The thing that I found helpful is that they have an internal bus system at OKW. All buses stop at the the Hospitality House (main building) but need to take an "internal" bus to get back. So if I wanted to go to the main pool I just hopped on the 1st bus that came along. To get back to the villa I waited for an "internal bus. Hope this helps. Have fun! :wizard:

Very good tip CKelly! I most definitely will take note of this one. While visiting the place on earth where dreams come true, our kids still get tired of walking. Bus tip is very appreciated!!!!
Thanks,
~DW

We don't own at OKW (VB,BCV,SSR), but it has become our FAVORITE, and FIRST choice to stay! We love all the things mentioned above - it is truly a beautiful place, with plenty of room. We also love the full-size washer and dryer in the 1-bedroom!

If you spend time at the main pool, and have kids, make sure you get the schedule for when the resort staff has games and things to do at the pool. We had an absolute BLAST last year (my dd and I), and I was one of the winners in the adult hula-hoop contest (Hope no one had their video camera on!)

John

Okay, Stop it right now!!

As if I wasn't already having a tough enough time waiting for the six months to drag by 'till our first visit home to OKW....now I have to read even more about how incredible it is!!

The wait is killing me ! :snail:

KathyRN137 said:
The wait is killing me ! :snail:

That was us! I'd been talking to DH about transfer points. Last weekend we went up for the Ky Derby and during the trip we discussed Disney :chat: for several hours. By the time we left Sunday, DH had been on the rent/trade board and found another member to do a transfer. I told him we'd never get a ressie that short notice. He was determined, and now Here we go again! That wait til Oct was :scared1: killing him, so I completely understand hearing about OKW and trying it for the first time and wanting to go back to a new home! Guess this will kinda be like :santa: Christmas in July! I hope your time to wait goes smoothly without much pain. :flower3: HUGS :grouphug: KATHY! pixiedust:

BTW, Jhalkias, FuNny! Loved the hula hoop story! What a great memory for you and DD!

wish i had your hubby! Mine got on board for getting the DVC..now if it all goes thru ok, we will have our trip this year in sept with the kids , bank/have enough points to go again say in May just dh and I AND sept again with the kids!
I tell my hubby this and how much i saved with all my great planning and and being strategic and his reply " I am not sure I want to go twice in one year. that may be a bit much"! I don't think i even understand what language he is talking. :confused3
I said, "but Honey, even if you don't want to do Disney we can still use the points for something a bit closer..you know a weekend getaway for us." :love:
I guess I should be happy I talked him into it at all. If I had my way i would be going NOW!!! party:

Pickles, just hang in there. Apparently, once the DH's get a good bite from the mouse, it becomes a rash that spreads rapidly throughout their calandars. ;)

It would seem, there isn't really a cure for this illness, but the irritation can be eased off in the Orlando area around WDW. Pixie Dust blown over the affected area seems to help as well! LOL

Good luck and WELCOME HOME PICKLES!!!!

~DW

yes that is what he needs...more mouserash!

he is always the logical sensible one between the 2 of us..makes me want to puke sometimes! I know where he gets it. His parents. His mom tells me how horrible her timeshare is(read NOT DVC), but her concern about us getting the DVC has little to do with how miserable she is, but "I dont believe someone should buy a timeshare until their HOUSE is paid for"
Yes, well that could be 25 more years from now! I will NOT be starting to go to Disney when i am a senior! Half our house is paid and yes this money could certainly help pay some more of it, but we could all die this year and what would we have for it all?
Hubby tried to stand on her logic.. "i can see her point of view" well of course, it is the normal and logical point of view. I see it too, but I have mouserash and i see a big castle on the horizon :rotfl2:

So, maybe there is "anti pixie dust" and people like my MIL have it? Dh must have inherited it from her. But hope sure getting in the Orlando area and getting some good pixie dust smeared on him will solve that little problem..I HOPE! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!