• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

OKW-I Need another night! Urgh!!! GOT IT! THANKS EVERYONE!

Tink03477

I love my little Disney Bear!
Well, I think I've done it this time! Maybe not in a good way either. :( I wanted to come down on Sunday, but could only orginally book Monday-Thursday. I finally managed to rebook a flight out for Sunday am and the car rebooked, but now I can't get the OKW Studio for Sunday night now! Bummer! The clincher is that it's for this weekend! I did call a couple of days ago and a studio was available then, but I had no flight! So, now I have a flight but no room! I'll keep calling and praying for one to become available, but I may have to stay at CBR for more points! Or I guess I could stay at POP at an AP rate. Hope it's still $49!

What would you do if you couldn't get the extra night? Use 14 points for CBR or AP rate at a value? I hate unpacking and packing!

I'm sooooo confused now! Maybe we'll just sleep in the car. :rolleyes:
Thanks for any suggestions!!!
Kim
:flower3:

I would do an AP rate at a value if it is just the one night. Anything more than 1 night I would have to do AP rate at a deluxe!

The new night is the first, not last night, correct? I would book at somewhere really cool - maybe even off site and have a bag that only contained essentials for one night to take into that hotel.

THEN i would show up at my resort nice and early in order to get the room requests i really want and need!

Originally posted by SueOKW
The new night is the first, not last night, correct? I would book at somewhere really cool - maybe even off site and have a bag that only contained essentials for one night to take into that hotel.

THEN i would show up at my resort nice and early in order to get the room requests i really want and need!
Yep! That's what I'd do, too!

Best wishes -

tina - won't help this time - but next time have MS on the phone with you - while you are getting the airline over the computer.

then you know where you stand with both.

I would go with PC (POP) - I thing this place is cute!

only problem you can't do a grocery run from the airport - so are you getting a rental car?

or depending upon wdw transportation?

if the later - then PC has bell services - they don't expect a tip (yea - I have a problem with this one) - they will send your luggage to OKW not a problem.

Originally posted by SueOKW

It is the first night.
That is an excellent idea and just what I am going to do! ::yes:: I called CRO to see if there were any AP rooms left on site (with my luck there wouldn't be) and they had 3 left. Whew! PORFQ ($105), POLY($233) and AKL, pool/savanah view($135) with tax. Since I've stayed at FQ many times and didn't have an interest in staying at the Poly (or the price!) I picked the AKL! I've always wanted to stay there! So has my son. The rate seemed really good, so I nabbed it! I'm so excited really! I want to call my son and tell him, but he's in school. :( I think maybe I'll try really hard not to tell him and just surprise him to enjoy the look on his face when we drive up! That'd be awesome! I'll just pack one of the suitcases for the first night and just bring that one in. It'll work out great!

Your ideas are also awesome and wonderful, as usual!!! Thank you so much for your help!::yes::
Kim

Originally posted by spiceycat
tina - won't help this time - but next time have MS on the phone with you - while you are getting the airline over the computer.

then you know where you stand with both.

I would go with PC (POP) - I thing this place is cute!

only problem you can't do a grocery run from the airport - so are you getting a rental car?

or depending upon wdw transportation?

if the later - then PC has bell services - they don't expect a tip (yea - I have a problem with this one) - they will send your luggage to OKW not a problem.

Thanks Pat! But believe it or not, I was on the phone with the airline at 1am this morning!!! I watched the price all day yesterday and it changed 4 times when I looked and the lowest was at 1am! It went from $200 all the way down to $99. I grabbed it at the $99. It turned out to be only an additional $84 total for the rebooking for my son & I with the credit I had too. This is JetBlue. I think they're great!
I will have a car, as I had to rebook that too! Got an OK rate on that as well, $147. I have done better, but it was NOT possible this time. I tried a gazillion codes, combinations and companies. I ended up with Alamo. I still have my Dollar Reservation just in case they go down by Friday. If not, I'll cancel that one.
I usually make a grocery stop for water, coffee & fruit.
Thanks for your help!
Kim

Kim when I fly it is SW - I haven't flown Jet Blue yet - but SW is pretty good about telling everyone about their sales - they let them go for around 3 to 5 days...

I have never stayed up at night and tried to book a plane ticket - I might next time....thanks for the tip!!!

while now I drive to Orlando - I haven't been on plane since 9/11 and I really need to start to fly again - right now my exchanges and vacation must be in the Southeast - no where else....:o

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter