OKW - just got home

Emmafleur

Mouseketeer
Hi all, just back from 2 weeks at OKW (cash through Disney). I wanted to thank everyone that helped with questions before we went away. It was so useful to have some prior knowledge before going away. So, before we went I requested a room with a high floor and a second door into the bathroom. Neither of my requests were granted - we were in building 18 on the first floor. I asked if they had anything else as I’d also asked for somewhere near Turtle Pond Road. The only thing they had was in building 45. After a bit of pondering we decided to stay with building 18 (Millers Road) and I’m so glad we did! The room wasn’t a refurbished one but it was so lovely. We could look across the golf course and see Hospitality House. We used to get on the bus at Millers Road going out and get off atPeninsular Road coming home and just walk round the corner to our villa - much quicker than taking the bus all round the resort. We also had a lovely quiet pool about a minutes walk away which was great. A lovely area to stay in and one I’d never considered. I just wish I could afford to become a Vacation Club member. OKW would definitely be my home resort!! Loved every moment of being there :) x

Glad you had a good time. Building 18 is our favourite location at OKW and we always request it.
It's quiet, within walking distance of HH for us and in a great location on the bus loop.

Can I ask when you booked OKW? We love OKW and were hoping to go next year however can't find any availability (apart from a £23k grand villa)
We have booked Beach Club but hope to change if it becomes available.

Can I ask when you booked OKW? We love OKW and were hoping to go next year however can't find any availability (apart from a £23k grand villa)
We have booked Beach Club but hope to change if it becomes available.
We booked last April/ May - as soon as the free dining offer in the U.K. came out. I’ve heard that Disney have changed the booking system for DVC properties now, and no one can book until 11 months out. I have a feeling that it’s going to be quite difficult to book DVC properties with cash through Disney from now on. I hope I’m wrong. Good luck with booking what you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter