OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Trying to figure out what building to request. We have a standard 2 bedroom booked and looking at possibly building 33. Anyone have any feedback on this one or any suggestions? Thanks!!

What is it that is important to you? Why is Building 33 on your radar?

We've never found enough difference between buildings to warrant picking a particular one. We've always gone with just requesting Turtle Pond area.

I don't have one favorite building. I generally prefer the Turtle Pond area, and specifically buildings 31 to 35. Near to the bus stop, they aren't backed right up to the main roads around the outside perimeter of the resort, close enough to the pool for convenience, yet not a lot of noise from people enjoying the pool.

We will be staying in a Deluxe Studio and I was going to request UPPER FLOOR and CANAL VIEW. Not sure what buildings have a Canal view, would love to see a palm tree, don't care for pine trees.

Does anyone know what you can rent at the marina at OKW? We were thinking of renting the "water mice" but was not sure what if anything is available to rent. I remember being able to rent bicycles,any idea on the prices of those?
Thanks for the help!
Min

I was at OKW this past weekend and was given an HA room in bldg 13, since I booked Hospitality House and that's all they had closest. I asked to be moved and was switched to Bldg 23. Not across the road, but not that bad. Only thing is, I was on the Peninsular Road end of the building and it's very noisy early in the morning.

Does anyone know what you can rent at the marina at OKW? We were thinking of renting the "water mice" but was not sure what if anything is available to rent. I remember being able to rent bicycles,any idea on the prices of those?
Thanks for the help!
Min
Boat rentals were discontinued at OKW (and most other resorts too) about five years ago. They still have bicycles, but I don't know the prices.

I wondered :scratchin
Guess that means we'll have to go for a bike ride then back to the pool to cool off.
Anyone know if the Minnie van service is at OKW yet, we will be there in a couple weeks!
Would like to take it to mini golf

Looking for opinions on which building, 53 or 33 would be closer to their respective bus stops. Would also love 63 but know those are pretty sought after for their proximity to the HH and their elevators.

Looking for opinions on which building, 53 or 33 would be closer to their respective bus stops. Would also love 63 but know those are pretty sought after for their proximity to the HH and their elevators.

33 and 53 are about the same to their respective bus stops. I personally would prefer 33 because I like the Turtle Pond area, but it all just a personal choice. Rather than request a specific building, you may be better off requesting close to a bus stop. That way if the building isn't available when you check-in they will know why you requested that building and will try to accommodate you with the next closest.

Hi, we have a week booked at the end of October and I have waitlisted for an extra day, Thursday, Oct. 26. We've been waiting about two months now; everything looks booked. I'm beginning to lose hope. What are the odds that it will come thru? Also, do you think they have taken some of the buildings out of circulation during that time for renovations? I have a hard time believing that OKW is that booked up.

Hi, we have a week booked at the end of October and I have waitlisted for an extra day, Thursday, Oct. 26. We've been waiting about two months now; everything looks booked. I'm beginning to lose hope. What are the odds that it will come thru? Also, do you think they have taken some of the buildings out of circulation during that time for renovations? I have a hard time believing that OKW is that booked up.
I'm wondering it is it the Halloween Party? I just looked online, no studio or 1 bedroom available anywhere for DVC at WDW.

33 and 53 are about the same to their respective bus stops. I personally would prefer 33 because I like the Turtle Pond area, but it all just a personal choice. Rather than request a specific building, you may be better off requesting close to a bus stop. That way if the building isn't available when you check-in they will know why you requested that building and will try to accommodate you with the next closest.

Good advice! Thank you

That's during Food & Wine. ALL DVC resorts will be hard to come by.

Anyone know if the refurb process has started?
I just got back today from a week at OKW. When we arrived, building 64 was behind a fence. We saw exterior work being done. By Thursday, the fence was down. I'm not sure how long the fence was up, but 64 was definitely closed when we arrived.

We just spent a week in building 19. The Miller's Road stop is very close, as is the quiet pool. The negative is that Miller's is the last stop on the route, other than Hospitality House; it makes the return trip longer. We started getting off at Peninsular Road, which actually isn't a bad walk to building 19. It seems shorter than Kidani Village's halls!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!