OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Agree that that would be easy. But its been 20+ years, and several refurbs, since they were originally built and they haven't yet seen fit to make the change.
True, but with this rehab they are removing the bathroom wall and floor tile, so they wouldn't have to try to cut and refit existing tiles on the wall. As unlikely as it is, there is always hope. :)

Maybe someone should email ken potrocks office and mention that possibility of adding the door. Who knows if it was even thought of. At least it wouldn't hurt to do so.

I doubt the powers that be will see the advantage to doing so in a 25+ year old resort, but it never hurts to ask.

I'm wondering if anyone staying at OKW recently has experiences with the new daily room check policy?
I've been watching the thread on Disney resort experiences but no one has mentioned OKW yet. My daughter and family will be staying DVC OKW next month and they had not heard of the policy until I mentioned it to them yesterday. The posts I'm seeing on the resorts board are less than favorable experiences.
Just curious...

We stayed with my in-laws from Sunday-Friday in a grand villa in January (DVC stay). They came every day to empty garbage. Then I think on Wednesday they left fresh towels, too. We had no issues with their daily visits.

We stayed with my in-laws from Sunday-Friday in a grand villa in January (DVC stay). They came every day to empty garbage. Then I think on Wednesday they left fresh towels, too. We had no issues with their daily visits.

Did you notice which buildings were being worked on now?

Did you notice which buildings were being worked on now?

We were in building 47 at the South Point stop. I'm all turned around looking at the map, but some buildings were blocked off down that way for refurbishment. I don't know which numbers. Maybe 53-56?

We were in building 47 at the South Point stop. I'm all turned around looking at the map, but some buildings were blocked off down that way for refurbishment. I don't know which numbers. Maybe 53-56?

Ooooo thank you! I am trying to guess what will be done when we are there in September.

We are staying here for our first time next month.(March)
Is housekeeping the same as the rest of the resorts?
We have a 2 bedroom villas, and was wondering since we have a washer and dryer, do we get towel replenishment daily, or are we expected to wash and dry and reuse the ones we already have for the entire week?

We are staying here for our first time next month.(March)
Is housekeeping the same as the rest of the resorts?
We have a 2 bedroom villas, and was wondering since we have a washer and dryer, do we get towel replenishment daily, or are we expected to wash and dry and reuse the ones we already have for the entire week?

Are you staying on a cash reservation booked through Disney? If so, you should get clean towels every day, along with full cleaning just as in a Disney hotel.

Or are you staying on DVC points (your own, or rented)? If so, you'll get clean towels on day 4 (and days 8, 12, etc. if you stay that long) as part of Trash & Towel Service and Full Cleaning (schedule depends on how long you stay - if 7 nights or fewer, T&T on day 4; if 8 nights or more, Full Cleaning on day 4 and T&T on day 8 then alternating every 4 days). (FYI day 1 is the day you check in.) If you need clean towels in between, you can wash & dry them yourself.

Are you staying on a cash reservation booked through Disney? If so, you should get clean towels every day, along with full cleaning just as in a Disney hotel.

Or are you staying on DVC points (your own, or rented)? If so, you'll get clean towels on day 4 (and days 8, 12, etc. if you stay that long) as part of Trash & Towel Service and Full Cleaning (schedule depends on how long you stay - if 7 nights or fewer, T&T on day 4; if 8 nights or more, Full Cleaning on day 4 and T&T on day 8 then alternating every 4 days). (FYI day 1 is the day you check in.) If you need clean towels in between, you can wash & dry them yourself.
Thank you!
We are staying on a cash reservation thru Disney.

We are going to be staying at OKW in January of next year a Studio with our kids (12, 4, and 14 months). We have never stayed here, the only other DVC we have stayed in has be VWL and I wanted to try something different this year. Am I going to be disappointed in staying at OKW?

We are going to be staying at OKW in January of next year a Studio with our kids (12, 4, and 14 months). We have never stayed here, the only other DVC we have stayed in has be VWL and I wanted to try something different this year. Am I going to be disappointed in staying at OKW?
we have owned at VWL for 18 years and stayed there 1 time....we have stayed at OKW about 40 times....fell in love with it on first stay!!!

Just realize that most of the buildings do not have elevators and you'll be hauling your baby stuff (strollers and such) up the stairs. There are a few studios on the third floor of a few of the buildings. You'll have two queen beds (no sleeper sofa) and plenty of space for your family of five.

2 bedroom. The photos are of the two queens and bathroom in the second bedroom. I was pretty sure I took pictures of the master bedroom and the corner whirlpool tub but alas could not find on my phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter