OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

For those who stay in the HH section a lot, which area do you prefer the most, the units around behind the check in area, or the others that are close to the first bus stop?

I prefer the ones close to the first bus stop - that way I don't end up in building 16 right next to wear the buses pull in. Those rooms can be loud.

So disappointed.
Yikes, disappointed, I would be livid.
And I must admit, I'm one of those who's never had a dilapidated room!

- please request a refurbished room.

Request doesn't mean much, requested a new room for the kids in October, they didn't
get one, but it was still a very nice, and clean Studio with an awesome view. #1822

r, OKW-1822.jpg

Sorry to hear about your stay!

Well I just went in and changed my December reservation at the Poly to a June reservation at OKW- HH section for three nights. May end up changing that to just a room anywhere so I can get a fourth night through buying one time use points. But I will hold off for a good while if I do that.

I prefer the ones close to the first bus stop - that way I don't end up in building 16 right next to wear the buses pull in. Those rooms can be loud.
Bldg 16 isn't where the buses pull in. 16 is next to 62. 11-14 are opposite the bus stop for theme park buses, Magical Express, Cruise buses, etc.

How was ssr vs OKW? We are staying at SSR in Feb. Thanks!

We preferred OKW better than SSR. SSR was beautiful and clean nothing wrong with it in that aspect. We just personally found the resort hard to navigate. It's extremely spread out and we found the buildings to not be clearly marked. Is that your building? You don't know! Now spend 5 minutes walking around to the front of it to see if it's the wrong building. Our first night we were in "The Springs" this was nice and close to the main office and the quick service restaurant. It was a "preferred room". Our next two nights at SSR we were moved to "The Carousel" section. We joked that we had been vanished lol! It was so ridiculously far out if you wanted to walk to The Artist's Palette you are looking at a 20-minute walk there. It is cool that you can walk to Disney Springs from there but it can be a really long walk depending on where your room is. Do you have a preferred room?

We preferred OKW better than SSR. SSR was beautiful and clean nothing wrong with it in that aspect. We just personally found the resort hard to navigate. It's extremely spread out and we found the buildings to not be clearly marked. Is that your building? You don't know! Now spend 5 minutes walking around to the front of it to see if it's the wrong building. Our first night we were in "The Springs" this was nice and close to the main office and the quick service restaurant. It was a "preferred room". Our next two nights at SSR we were moved to "The Carousel" section. We joked that we had been vanished lol! It was so ridiculously far out if you wanted to walk to The Artist's Palette you are looking at a 20-minute walk there. It is cool that you can walk to Disney Springs from there but it can be a really long walk depending on where your room is. Do you have a preferred room?
When at SSR I will always want to book a preferred room there. I am glad I was able to get the three nights I wanted at OKW in the HH section. I think I got the last studio for one of my nights because now there are none available in the HH section for that night.

Oh we loved the Carousel! Being removed from hustle and bustle was just what we were looking for. We just drove up to the main building when we wanted to, obviously we drive to Disney though.

Oh we loved the Carousel! Being removed from hustle and bustle was just what we were looking for. We just drove up to the main building when we wanted to, obviously we drive to Disney though.

I could see how that would appeal to some people. We did not drive to Disney. It was just so funny to us because we were so close and the next night we were so far. We had bell services take our luggage in the morning before heading to the park. I did mobile check-in and we headed back to the new room for the first time after a day at MK. We were like where the heck are we? We were also put on the top floor in the last room down a long walkway. We couldn't have gotten any further lol!

No but we have requested Paddock.

That’s how we felt 3 yrs ago! SSR is our home resort I requested the Grandstand area and got the farthest bldg in the Congress Park area! Felt like I was being punished! I was not happy, it might be good for Disney Springs people but not for us! We luckily got OKW for upcoming trip so I’m hoping for a renovated unit not to far from HH!

I'm sure it's somewhere in this thread, but, when will they be 100% done with the refurb? Our last stay at OKW was not great due to the condition of the room.

I think they will be done late spring early summer late May to early July. After they are done there they will move to SSR.

Does anyone have any links to photos of what the renovated 3Bd Grand Villas look like? I can only seem to find pics of Studios and 1/2 Bds. Even a youtube video would suffice but can't even find one either!

Hello, We just switched to OKW HH 1 Bedroom for Mid December. Have they refurbished the rooms "HH house area" Should I have tried for a Non "HH" one? I'm not in need of a new room but I also don't want to be in the middle of the construction. Anyone have a clue of what has been completed and what hasnt? Also is the main pool affected by the refurbs?
Thanks!

The pool isn’t affected by the refurb.

Looks like they are wrapping up 23-26.

The bus stop at Millers Road has been relocated. They might be starting in that section.

Hello, We just switched to OKW HH 1 Bedroom for Mid December. Have they refurbished the rooms "HH house area" Should I have tried for a Non "HH" one? I'm not in need of a new room but I also don't want to be in the middle of the construction. Anyone have a clue of what has been completed and what hasnt? Also is the main pool affected by the refurbs?
Thanks!
You won't be in the middle of construction. They usually take out an entire section and do that and the area is fenced around it so you aren't bothered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!