OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

I have a 1br booked on a cash reservation for the end of the month. I'd love to be fairly near the HH, but that wasn't a booking option for me. Does a request of Peninsular Road include buildings 45 and 46? They seem really far from HH. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? If I call in or chat, can I even request near HH since I didn't book through DVC?

You can request to be near the main pool. Assuming the near HH building in the DVC booking category are full, you may get buildings 27 to 29, 15, 16 or 62 to 64. All are convenient to the HH area, but are not in the DVC near HH booking category.

You can request to be near the main pool. Assuming the near HH building in the DVC booking category are full, you may get buildings 27 to 29, 15, 16 or 62 to 64. All are convenient to the HH area, but are not in the DVC near HH booking category.

Thanks. I assume I would call in that request? The only options I have on-line are the different roads and floors.

I would call it in. And don't use the online request thing once you do call it in. It has been repoarted that the online feature overwrites any requests you may have made previously.

We have booked a 1 bedroom HH category room for Dec 2020, I understand this to be bldg 11,12,13,14, 23, 24,25, 26. Think we stayed in 13 yeeeaaars ago. Does anyone have an opinion on what the best bldg(specific room #) is for convenience to HH and great view as well (we are fine with stairs). We love to sit on the porch and chill/enjoy cold beverage (we are not there for the parks this time). Thanks

Well, 11 to 14 are the most convenient to the resort check-in area, main pool and Olivia's restaurant. But if you'll be driving to WDW, rather than using Magical Express, I'd recommend 23 to 26 because of parking. They will all be golf course or wooded views. I rarely book near HH because I tend to stay in 1 bedroom and larger units, with friends, and we need the second entrance to the bathroom, so I usually request buildings 30 and higher.

For close to main HH area, and quiet location with nice view I would go for 12 or 13. Parking could be a bit of a hassle.

When having your own bed is a mini-vacation unto itself, call the front desk to have an air mattress delivered to your room at no cost! What a difference in having our own beds made to our vacation!!!! The fact that it fits perfectly between the 2 queens was so apropos!

When having your own bed is a mini-vacation unto itself, call the front desk to have an air mattress delivered to your room at no cost! What a difference in having our own beds made to our vacation!!!! The fact that it fits perfectly between the 2 queens was so apropos!
Don't count on getting an air bed at a DVC resort. You are supposed to provide your own extra bedding if you can't share a bed. You were just lucky. It was just probably an air bed left behind by another owner.

Don't count on getting an air bed at a DVC resort. You are supposed to provide your own extra bedding if you can't share a bed. You were just lucky. It was just probably an air bed left behind by another owner.

Ok, thank you for letting me know! Just lady lucky for our first DVC stay, then! Thanks!

We’ve stayed in both HH sections. 11-14 if a great location and we’ve had good views. We prefer 23-26 though. Some have a view of the water. Our favorite walk is across the bridge. Love it!

Where do you recommend to request a studio if we’d like to have a nice view from our room?
We're two childless millennials ;) and will have a rental car, so not sure if there’s any benefit to staying near HH?

Last edited:
Where do you recommend to request a studio if we’d like to have a nice view from our room?
We're two childless millennials ;) and will have a rental car, so not sure if there’s any benefit to staying near HH?

In general, a studio is a studio, some views are better than others, but no studio has what I would consider an outstanding view. The best studio views, IMO, are buildings 34 and 35 (golf/water feature), and buildings 45 and 46, (canal view) and one end of building 55, also canal view).

Last edited:
In general, a studio is a studio, some views are better than others, but no studio has what I would consider an outstanding view. The best studio views, IMO, are buildings 34 and 35 (golf/water feature), and buildings 45 and 46, (canal view) and one end of building 55, also canal view).
We just stayed in building 45 in a studio and had a nice canal view. The only issue was noise from all the buses stoping and starting at the intersection of Turtle Pond. I’m a light sleeper and with a noise machine I could sleep fine. We were at the end of the building near the intersection.

Just stayed here for the first time. Resort grounds ar loevely, as were the staff, but the rooms.... ooof. Looked like a motel 6 inside with broken drawer in night stand, lack of decor, TINY tv and dresser that was all scuffed up. Certainly felt like a motel and not a deluxe villa. Not mad, just slightly disappointed.

Just stayed here for the first time. Resort grounds ar loevely, as were the staff, but the rooms.... ooof. Looked like a motel 6 inside with broken drawer in night stand, lack of decor, TINY tv and dresser that was all scuffed up. Certainly felt like a motel and not a deluxe villa. Not mad, just slightly disappointed.

Generic decor is the norm going forward when DVC does renovations. I hope you reported the broken drawer to maintenance.. TIny TV sounds like you were in a studio, the TVs in a one bedroom are large and built into the kitchen island.

Just posting because we are excited to be making our 2nd stay here @ OKW.. And this time close to HH, so it should make the DW & DD's happy...Me and my DS actually like Bldg. 31 the last time in Turtle pond ,but they thought it was too far from things...

Drove around OKW this AM before our ADR at Olivia’s and noticed scaffolding surrounding building 41. Are they painting, or what? Renovations are finished, aren’t they?

Drove around OKW this AM before our ADR at Olivia’s and noticed scaffolding surrounding building 41. Are they painting, or what? Renovations are finished, aren’t they?
Yes, renovations are finished. They are doing outside work on the buildings now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter