OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

We have our first stay Thanksgiving week. I'm sure it will be crowded. We are flying and I'm now considering renting a car instead of depending on buses and reduced capacity. Thoughts?
Welcome home, it will not be crowded like a traditional Thanksgiving week, but since Disney has a limit on crowd size and no fast passes, some lines will be long. I would assume that all parks are going to be at Disney’s maximum allowed capacity probably between 30-50%. I know the FL governor was trying to allow more guests at the amusement parks, not sure if he did.

We have our first stay Thanksgiving week. I'm sure it will be crowded. We are flying and I'm now considering renting a car instead of depending on buses and reduced capacity. Thoughts?
I always rent a car. Bus service is the only transportation option at the moment. I also like to drive over to Aploka Vineland road area to pick up food.

If you drive off site for a few meals, you will more than cover the rental cost. Disney has really increased the food/beverage costs.

We stayed at OKW in July and rented a car. We were glad we did. It was nice not to worry about bus transportation at all.

Are they still doing all of the resort offerings? Like poolside activities and such? If so does anyone have a recent guide for the months resort activites?

Sorry if this has been asked a ton of times, but what section is the quietest? I will have a car, so I'm not worried about proximity to the hospitality house. I just want to feel away from it all. I'm staying in a standard studio. Thanks in advance!

Sorry if this has been asked a ton of times, but what section is the quietest? I will have a car, so I'm not worried about proximity to the hospitality house. I just want to feel away from it all. I'm staying in a standard studio. Thanks in advance!
I would avoid the Hospitality House area.

Sometimes room location can be a bigger factor than area. We stayed in Turtle Pond last time. Our room was next to the path. We heard the motorized carts the CMs use starting pretty early in the morning. How close your room is to the bus stop can be a factor too.

We are checking in next week Friday. We have a Deluxe Studio Villa - Near HH booked. Are there any room requests within that category that anyone would suggest making? This is our first stay!

Last edited:
We are checking in next week Friday. We have a Deluxe Villa - Near HH booked. Are there any room requests within that category that anyone would suggest making? This is our first stay!

I guess it would depend upon a couple of factors...what size villa (Studio, 1 bed, 2 bed or Grand Villa) And what you want out of it. In the Near HH area, the closest to the resort services would be in buildings 11 to 14. Remember that there are no elevators at OKW, except in bldgs 62, 63 and 64. If stairs are an issue, be sure to request a first floor villa. If you want an area with a bit of a water or golf view, you'll want bldgs 23 to 26, across a bridge from the main check-in area Most studios are located on the ends of the buildings, so you'll likely have a little more road and bus noise than if you were in a larger villa. 23 to 26 will likely have more parking available than 11 to 14, because if the main parking area is full, people will park in the area for 11 to 14 for the shop and restaurant. But generally, a room at OKW is a room, is a room, is a room. Varying only in 1)proximity to the hospitality area and 2)view from the balcony/patio. The only other major difference is buildings 30 and higher have a 2nd entrance to the master bathroom in 1 bedroom and larger units, while bldgs 29 and lower have one bathroom entrance - through the master bedroom.

I guess it would depend upon a couple of factors...what size villa (Studio, 1 bed, 2 bed or Grand Villa) And what you want out of it. In the Near HH area, the closest to the resort services would be in buildings 11 to 14. Remember that there are no elevators at OKW, except in bldgs 62, 63 and 64. If stairs are an issue, be sure to request a first floor villa. If you want an area with a bit of a water or golf view, you'll want bldgs 23 to 26, across a bridge from the main check-in area Most studios are located on the ends of the buildings, so you'll likely have a little more road and bus noise than if you were in a larger villa. 23 to 26 will likely have more parking available than 11 to 14, because if the main parking area is full, people will park in the area for 11 to 14 for the shop and restaurant. But generally, a room at OKW is a room, is a room, is a room. Varying only in 1)proximity to the hospitality area and 2)view from the balcony/patio. The only other major difference is buildings 30 and higher have a 2nd entrance to the master bathroom in 1 bedroom and larger units, while bldgs 29 and lower have one bathroom entrance - through the master bedroom.

Thank you for the detailed reply! I forgot to indicate that it is a studio villa in my original post. I have edited my post.

It's all quiet. That's the nice thing about OKW, it's the best place to be to get away from all the noise of Disney. Most studios are located at the ends of the buildings except for a few of the three story buildings (four of them) where the studios are located next to each other in the inner corners. So the only window is the patio door.
We are checking in next week Friday. We have a Deluxe Studio Villa - Near HH booked. Are there any room requests within that category that anyone would suggest making? This is our first stay!
We had a nice one bedroom in Bldg 11, golf course, woods and a bit of a water trap (just a bit). 14 and 13 will also have a water and golf course view.

Screenshot 2020-09-27 164811.png

Last edited:
Are they still doing all of the resort offerings? Like poolside activities and such? If so does anyone have a recent guide for the months resort activites?
Does anyone staying now or recently have a resort activities flier or a picture of one?

I just booked a studio accessible room at OKW. Where are the accessible rooms located? What location is good for wheel chair access on the bus. I know a SS if we stay near a particular bus stop the bus is usually empty and it is easy to maneuver my wheel chair onto the bus.
Also, What is the fee for additional persons in the room. My daughter may be joining the two of us but we won't know until later.

Did you rent the reservation from a DVC Member, or did you rent via cash through the WDW website. If booked via DVC Member, there is no extra charge for a 3rd or 4th person. I'd go ahead and add them to the reservation now, rather than at the resort. If you booked cash through Disney, contact them for the extra person fee.

Assuming you are not booked into a "near hospitality" area room, the accessible building closest to the first bus stop are 27 and 28 (Peninsular Road), Buildings 49 and 50 would be near Bus stop #2,(South Point), and Building 34 is near Bus Stop #3, (Old Turtle Pond Rd.) My Mom was in a w/c for years when we went to OKW, and we seldom had a wait for a bus because of capacity at any of those stops...I think we waited at Turtle Pond once. Try to avoid the Millers Road or Main Check-In bus stops, they are often full by the time they reach there.

Here is a map showing the accessible buildings outlined in red:

noAre7p.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you so much. This is really helpful We booked through Disney, so I will contact them to ask about the charge for extra people in the room.

Thank you so much. This is really helpful We booked through Disney, so I will contact them to ask about the charge for extra people in the room.
If you booked on cash through Disney, they say that you are charged for extra adults over two. I know Bldg 20 has a HCA studio on the first floor on the end closest to the pool entry. Most studios are on the ends of the buildings.

Hey guys, I am excited to say that we are now OKW owners:cool1: . We stayed there on our last trip and fell completely in love with the resort, and when DVC announced that they were offering add-ons with older resorts, we knew we had to buy points there. Coincidentally we were planning to add on to our existing contracts (BLT and SSR) anyway but knew we wanted to add on here. We are staying there the first week of January and can't wait to head back. :goodvibes

The only time we were bothered by noise was from traffic on the main road. Building 41 was our least favorite (although I remember someone here saying it was their favorite). We found the noise from the main road so distracting we never sat out on the balcony. We also had some noise from some buildings at Southpoint area (I forget which buildings).

Hi everyone! We were super lucky to snag a Deluxe Studio at OKW for our Thanksgiving week trip. We have a son with severe food allergies, so a microwave was a must. When this popped up, I jumped at it immediately. We were previously booked at CSR and were going to hope and pray a microwave was available.

Strange question, but does anyone have a pic of the inside of the fridge in the studios? I am trying to plan on the food I can have delivered to the resort and would like to get an idea of what space I will have. I have Googled all day and couldn't find anything!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!