OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Yes, there is a snack bar near the Turtle Pond pool, unless it has changed there is no grill, so they serve pre-packaged items like sandwiches and salads. I would recommend requesting to be near Turtle Pond bus stop, that way you'll be fairly close to the pool area and also convenient to a bus stop. Also know that there was a design change during construction for the one bedrooms. Buildings 30 and higher (this includes the Turtle Pond area) have two entrances to the bathroom, which could be important if you have anyone sleeping on the foldouts in the living room. :)

brilliant thanks :thumbsup2

image.jpg

Make sure the tub is very full. Then there is a sensor in the back corner that you need to wave your hand over. We felt pretty stupid when we couldn't figure it out. Had to call housekeeping and they had to ask some one.

Make sure the tub is very full. Then there is a sensor in the back corner that you need to wave your hand over. We felt pretty stupid when we couldn't figure it out. Had to call housekeeping and they had to ask some one.

OMG. that is so not obvious!!! no need to feel stupid.. I had to post it in a forum to figure it out. lol

Love the photo! :thumbsup2 I've never stayed in a canal view room. Soooo pretty!

Is there much noise inside buildings 45+46, from the Peninsular Road bus traffic in front and/or the boat horns in back?

Do 1st floor units all have pretty canal views or are they obstructed by foliage, with mainly the upper floors having nice canal views?

Love the photo! :thumbsup2 I've never stayed in a canal view room. Soooo pretty!

Is there much noise inside buildings 45+46, from the Peninsular Road bus traffic in front and/or the boat horns in back?

Do 1st floor units all have pretty canal views or are they obstructed by foliage, with mainly the upper floors having nice canal views?

The only noise is from the security boat that checks the water way in the morning and afternoon, and then it's not a lot of noise. They have a "no wake" area near where the buildings are. No boat horns either, and I've never heard traffic noise.

We were just there about 3 weeks ago and had building 45. It was very quiet. Never heard neighbors or anything. An occasional boat going by but not noisy at all. It was a great location!!

Enjoy!

I made our first reservation at OKW last week. Booked a studio. I requested 3rd floor on Miller Road. Was this a good choice? What will our view likely be? We enjoy sitting on balcony with a cup of coffee in the morning and at night.
Where do you catch boat to DD? How long does it take to get there? Anyone have information on the boats that you can rent?
Thanks for any help/advice....

I made our first reservation at OKW last week. Booked a studio. I requested 3rd floor on Miller Road. Was this a good choice? What will our view likely be? We enjoy sitting on balcony with a cup of coffee in the morning and at night.
Where do you catch boat to DD? How long does it take to get there? Anyone have information on the boats that you can rent?

You could be in any number of Miller's Road buildings. Studios are on the outside ends of the buildings, and your view will either be pool, pond/golf course, or vegetation if you happen to get the wrong building.

You catch the boat at the Hospitality House. It takes about 20 minutes or so to get to DTD and you will dock near Pleasure Island, not near Rainforest Cafe.

Hello, OKW Lovers!

My family has rented OKW points from another DIS-er for my birthday trip. :) We're staying in a Studio. I enjoyed reading through this thread and learning about OKW. I would like to know what items are provided in a Studio Villa so I know what I may need to bring from home.

Thanks for your help and I look forward to learning more about OKW - and seeing some more pictures, so please post 'em if you have 'em!

Hello, OKW Lovers!

My family has rented OKW points from another DIS-er for my birthday trip. :) We're staying in a Studio. I enjoyed reading through this thread and learning about OKW. I would like to know what items are provided in a Studio Villa so I know what I may need to bring from home.

Thanks for your help and I look forward to learning more about OKW - and seeing some more pictures, so please post 'em if you have 'em!

Microwave oven, toaster, coffee pot (Mr Coffee basket style) and undercounter refrigerator with small freezer section. You'll have two queen sized bed, nice sized bathroom with bathroom sink inside the bathroom, small balcony or porch. They will provide a few paper plates, plastic flatware, a few ceramic mugs and a few real glasses. Toilet paper, paper towels and trash bags are also provided. Four bath towels, two hand towels, four facecloths. Hand soap, shower gel, shampoo, conditioner (the last three a small bottle like you get at the resorts). Service is provide every four days.

If you stay seven nights or less, you get trash removed and towels replaced on day four. If you stay eight nights or more, you get a full cleaning on day four and trash and towel service on day eight.

Microwave oven, toaster, coffee pot (Mr Coffee basket style) and undercounter refrigerator with small freezer section. You'll have two queen sized bed, nice sized bathroom with bathroom sink inside the bathroom, small balcony or porch. They will provide a few paper plates, plastic flatware, a few ceramic mugs and a few real glasses. Toilet paper, paper towels and trash bags are also provided. Four bath towels, two hand towels, four facecloths. Hand soap, shower gel, shampoo, conditioner (the last three a small bottle like you get at the resorts). Service is provide every four days.

If you stay seven nights or less, you get trash removed and towels replaced on day four. If you stay eight nights or more, you get a full cleaning on day four and trash and towel service on day eight.

That's very helpful - thank you, Deb! :goodvibes

We have OKW booked for November 16-23. Our first stay there!!
I would like to be near HH, but it was not available to book. I waitlisted it, so what kind of luck have you guys had getting this kind of waitlist? I know every situation is different, but that's ok, I would still like to know! I hope we get it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter