OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Hi everyone! Due in large part to this helpful thread, I have my first stay at OKW booked! Staying in a 2BR villa (cash). 4 adults and 2 kids (7 & 4). I didn’t see a near hospitality house booking category, so I’m assuming that means I can’t request those buildings? Would getting on the shuttle at the HH avoid the resort loop?
Near HH is a points stay only. It's only eight buildings. If you take the Internal Bus to go around the resort, it stops first at HH, then Millers Road, then Peninsular Road, then South Point, then Turtle Pond, then back to HH. There is no other shuttle around the resort except for the Internal Bus (also known as the Disney Spring Bus so make sure it isn't leaving the resort when you hop on the bus to get back to your villa at the HH) and the theme park buses.

If you're talking about the shuttle busses to the parks, yes, it would avoid the loop. But also be aware that by the time the busses reach the Hospitality stop in the mornings around park opening, that they may 1) no longer have room for a scooter or wheelchair, if you use one...or...2) may be nearly full and have standing room only.

For DVC Point reservation Near Hospitality House is a "guaranteed" booking category. For cash reservations through Disney, it is only a request, and may not be available when you check in.

Thanks for the info. Do the busses really fill all the way up? We don't have any ECV in the party so that's not an issue. I've stayed at CBR and AKL and never seen a bus fill up, thus wanting the last stop to avoid the wait while the bus stops at the other stops inside the resort. In your opinion, what is the best location to request for a cash 2BR booking?

Near HH is a points stay only. It's only eight buildings. If you take the Internal Bus to go around the resort, it stops first at HH, then Millers Road, then Peninsular Road, then South Point, then Turtle Pond, then back to HH. There is no other shuttle around the resort except for the Internal Bus (also known as the Disney Spring Bus so make sure it isn't leaving the resort when you hop on the bus to get back to your villa at the HH) and the theme park buses.

In your opinion, what is the best location to request for a cash 2BR booking?

Thanks to all for the help!

Thanks for the info. Do the busses really fill all the way up? We don't have any ECV in the party so that's not an issue. I've stayed at CBR and AKL and never seen a bus fill up, thus wanting the last stop to avoid the wait while the bus stops at the other stops inside the resort. In your opinion, what is the best location to request for a cash 2BR booking?

In your opinion, what is the best location to request for a cash 2BR booking?

Thanks to all for the help!

Yes, the busses can fill up at park opening b4 getting to the Hospitality stop. My personal favorite area of the resort is near the Old Turtle Pond Road bus stop, specifically buildings 30 to 35. Especially if you'll have people sleeping on the couch or chair in the living room...You'll have a second entrance to the master bathroom, through the laundry room. Buildings 30 and under have only one bathroom entrance, through the master bedroom. AFter the Turtle Pond bus stop, there is MIller's Road and then Hospitality House. Remember that there are no elevators at OKW, except in buildings 62, 63 and 64. Elevators were not required by the Americans with Disabilities Act during the early building phases of OKW.

Ahhhh, finally found a youtube video that covers South Point pool, and it does indeed have a grill area, just not covered like it is at Turtle Pond. The funny thing is we will probably only entertain the idea this one upcoming trip as we are already talking about buying more points for 1-bedroom with the full kitchen. That didn't take long! LOL!!!!!

I'm trying to decide what building to request for our trip in May, and don't know what I want! I'm 90% sure we were in 51 last time, and actually really liked it over there. Nice and quiet, always had a seat on the bus, and we walked to HH a few times and didn't find it that far. But maybe we should switch it up? So many choices.

Does anyone know which buildings are the ones you pass on the boat to Disney Springs? I'd love that view! My guess is 45/46? They seem kind of far from the bus stops though...

We'll be on the dining plan this trip, and I'm wondering if it's worth it to try to be closer to a mug filling station? As far as I know, they're only at the main pool and turtle pond pool? Looking at a map of the resort, it seems like there's a running trail between the south point loop and the turtle so maybe it's not that far after all.

Heading to OKW just a quick question. Does the turtle pond snack shack have a free-standing mug refill, or is it only available when the QS is open? I read that it’s open seasonally,

Heading to OKW for the first time in February (president's week). We've previously stayed at AKL, Kidani, and SSR.
Trying to figure out what we should request if at all possible.
1) my mother is coming with our family and has issues walking significant distances and will have an ECV. We requested ground floor to accommodate that with the disabilities group. We don't need fully handicap accessible though
2) I have little ones 8 months, 3 years, and 8 years. WIth the littlest guys, being close to the pool and main areas is important to us.
3) We want to be able to get on the bus with the ECV, and our stroller. being at the last bus stop in SSR sometimes we had to miss the bus.

any suggestions? I was thinking something near hospitality house would be good, but it sounds like that is the last stop...

Heading to OKW for the first time in February (president's week). We've previously stayed at AKL, Kidani, and SSR.
Trying to figure out what we should request if at all possible.
1) my mother is coming with our family and has issues walking significant distances and will have an ECV. We requested ground floor to accommodate that with the disabilities group. We don't need fully handicap accessible though
2) I have little ones 8 months, 3 years, and 8 years. WIth the littlest guys, being close to the pool and main areas is important to us.
3) We want to be able to get on the bus with the ECV, and our stroller. being at the last bus stop in SSR sometimes we had to miss the bus.

any suggestions? I was thinking something near hospitality house would be good, but it sounds like that is the last stop...
We were just in a group floor studio at South Point in Bldg 56. Our studio looked out at the playground at the pool. We were a couple of steps away from the bus stop. And we were the second bus stop. The pool is a leisure pool, so it doesn't have a slide. But it is a nice sized pool. We hopped the bus one or two times to get to the Hospitality House. Then walked over to Peninsular Road to catch a bus back to South Point.

Assuming you didn't book the near HH category, your best best would be bldgs 27 to 29. They are close to the first bus stop, (Peninsular Road) and relatively close to the main check-in area and main pool. BUT, if you are in a one or two bedroom unit, there is only one entrance to the master bathroom...through the master bedroom...so that may make a difference to you. If so, then near the South Point bus stop, as Deb suggested would be good. Buildings 30 and higher have a second entrance to the master bath, through the laundry room.

We're staying here for Christmas. Does anyone know if Uber/Lyft can come to your building or if they only pickup/drop off at the main building? I'm going to try to get to HS early and if I have to hoof it to the main building, I need to get up earlier if we're not near the main building.

We're staying here for Christmas. Does anyone know if Uber/Lyft can come to your building or if they only pickup/drop off at the main building? I'm going to try to get to HS early and if I have to hoof it to the main building, I need to get up earlier if we're not near the main building.

When we stayed at a Value resort/cash reservation in June they came to the building. Not sure about OKW, but I am personally hoping they do the same since we will be staying soon as well (just not as soon)!

Hello,

Do any one bedrooms have two queen beds instead of the king bed? Thanks!
No. All the one and two BR units have only a King bed in the master bedroom at OKW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!