OKW lovers thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm. Thank you Chuck S and Pirate Granny. Help me think this through... One reason we didn't have two parts of the family share a 2BR is because one is staying longer than the other. But...I read that if it's a lock-off rather than a dedicated, maybe one half can check-out and leave the remaining party in the studio portion. Am I thinking right? Maybe they could be on the ground floor (for my aunt). And you're right; I'm sure we won't be all in the same bldg, but maybe we can be close by. I'll just be happy to be there!

Tamara

Hmmmm. Thank you Chuck S and Pirate Granny. Help me think this through... One reason we didn't have two parts of the family share a 2BR is because one is staying longer than the other. But...I read that if it's a lock-off rather than a dedicated, maybe one half can check-out and leave the remaining party in the studio portion. Am I thinking right? Maybe they could be on the ground floor (for my aunt). And you're right; I'm sure we won't be all in the same bldg, but maybe we can be close by. I'll just be happy to be there!

Tamara

We did exactly that. A few years back we went and had friends stay with us in a lock-off 2 bedroom. They were only there for the 1st 4 days, then checked out and we ended the rest of our stay with the 1 bedroom. I am sure you can do the reverse.

cheryl

We did exactly that. A few years back we went and had friends stay with us in a lock-off 2 bedroom. They were only there for the 1st 4 days, then checked out and we ended the rest of our stay with the 1 bedroom. I am sure you can do the reverse.

cheryl

Great! I'm excited, and I know it'll be special for us (getting married at Sea Breeze Point), but I'm trying my best to make it special for everyone!

Thanks again

Tamara

Tamara

If you book a lockoff and want different departure dates for each part of the villa, you must book them as a studio and one bedroom and hope they connect to each other. You can't just drop a portion of a two bedroom lockoff.

We did something similar for the marathon a few years ago. We arrived before our friends. We booked a one bedroom for our part of the stay. When our friends arrived, we had a two bedroom lockoff booked. We requested to stay in the same one bedroom portion of the villa and it was granted. But we had to make sure they would get the studio connected to our villa when we checked into the one bedroom.

If you book a lockoff and want different departure dates for each part of the villa, you must book them as a studio and one bedroom and hope they connect to each other. You can't just drop a portion of a two bedroom lockoff.

We did something similar for the marathon a few years ago. We arrived before our friends. We booked a one bedroom for our part of the stay. When our friends arrived, we had a two bedroom lockoff booked. We requested to stay in the same one bedroom portion of the villa and it was granted. But we had to make sure they would get the studio connected to our villa when we checked into the one bedroom.

So....in regards to points, was it booked like a studio and a 1BR that you asked to connect, or was is booked like a 2BR? That would make a bit of difference. My family will be arriving at the same time but then one party will leave a day early.

Tamara

I read this again. It sounds like we book the 2BR and the studio for the last day and then just request to stay in that same studio?

Man, I miss being a member! I hate asking others to take care of reservation stuff. But the good new is that DVC members are among the nicest people in the world!

Tamara

Did I read somewhere that the bus from OKW to Animal Kingdom stops at Blizzard Beach 1st? If so does it do the same on the way back, AK-BB-OKW please?

I read this again. It sounds like we book the 2BR and the studio for the last day and then just request to stay in that same studio?

Man, I miss being a member! I hate asking others to take care of reservation stuff. But the good new is that DVC members are among the nicest people in the world!

Tamara

Say the entire party is staying the nights January 1 to 9, with checkout on January 10, but you also want to keep just the studio for the night of January 10, with a January 11 check-out

You book a 2 bedroom lockoff, for the nights of January 1 to January 9, with a January 10 departure, and book just a studio for January 10 arrival, January 11 departure. Note that you want to keep the studio that last night, if possible...also make sure they are aware of this at the front desk.

This is not guaranteed, as it depends upon the logistics of who many departures/arrivals and what type are scheduled for January 10. For instance, if they have two bedroom lockoff units with departure, on group wanting to keep the one bedroom portion, and another group wanting to keep a studio portion, but they have someone arriving booked into a 2 bedroom lockoff...either the one bedroom people or the studio people will have to move to free up a full 2 bedroom lockoff for the new arrivals.

It usually works out just fine, but again, it isn't guaranteed.

In either case, you'll likely need to get new room keys at the front desk, as the one bedroom and studio of a two bedroom lockoff are keyed a like, so then they'll need new keys for the party remaining in the studio portion so their keys are unlinked from the next one bedroom guest.

Did I read somewhere that the bus from OKW to Animal Kingdom stops at Blizzard Beach 1st? If so does it do the same on the way back, AK-BB-OKW please?

I think it stops at BB either on the way to AK, or on the way back to OKW, but not both.

Thanks, just thought it would be ideal for EMH at AK for a couple of hours & then BB. Can always go to AKL & then BB :)

Say the entire party is staying the nights January 1 to 9, with checkout on January 10, but you also want to keep just the studio for the night of January 10, with a January 11 check-out

You book a 2 bedroom lockoff, for the nights of January 1 to January 9, with a January 10 departure, and book just a studio for January 10 arrival, January 11 departure. Note that you want to keep the studio that last night, if possible...also make sure they are aware of this at the front desk.

This is not guaranteed, as it depends upon the logistics of who many departures/arrivals and what type are scheduled for January 10. For instance, if they have two bedroom lockoff units with departure, on group wanting to keep the one bedroom portion, and another group wanting to keep a studio portion, but they have someone arriving booked into a 2 bedroom lockoff...either the one bedroom people or the studio people will have to move to free up a full 2 bedroom lockoff for the new arrivals.

It usually works out just fine, but again, it isn't guaranteed.

In either case, you'll likely need to get new room keys at the front desk, as the one bedroom and studio of a two bedroom lockoff are keyed a like, so then they'll need new keys for the party remaining in the studio portion so their keys are unlinked from the next one bedroom guest.

Thank you so much for all of the info!!! So many things to consider. I really appreciate you taking the time to help :-)

Tamara

We have our first stay at OKW in 17 days and I cannot wait!

Any must-do's while I'm there? This resort just looks so peaceful and pretty and I know I'm going to fall in love w/ it. We will be in a 2BR villa!

:cool1:

My first thing to do at OKW is to go visit the gurgling suitcase and enjoy a drink!!! But the best time for that is after a long day park walking.

We booked An 1 bedroom hospitality at okw I have a couple of questions...

1. Are we guaranteed this area or is this area with people who have a disabilities?

2. Do these rooms (HH) have elevators?

3. Master bath 2 entries or just 1?

4. If we want a nice golf view which building at the HH area should we ask for?

We booked An 1 bedroom hospitality at okw I have a couple of questions...

1. Are we guaranteed this area or is this area with people who have a disabilities?

2. Do these rooms (HH) have elevators?

3. Master bath 2 entries or just 1?

4. If we want a nice golf view which building at the HH area should we ask for?

1. You should get the HH area ( Bldg 11, 12, 13, 14, 23, 24, 25, 26). Unless there was a problem and nothing is left when you check in.
2. None have elevators. Only 62, 63 and 64 have elevators and they tend to reserve them for medical needs. These are not HH area buildings.
3. One entry into the Master Bathroom through the bedroom. You'd need to be in a building numbered 30 or higher to get the entrance through the laundry room.
4. Just about any one.

My first thing to do at OKW is to go visit the gurgling suitcase and enjoy a drink!!! But the best time for that is after a long day park walking.

Oh....that sounds like a great idea!!!

I am just a little bit excited since it's been 4 years since we've been to the World. Can't wait!!

I did my online check-in this morning so I'm even more pumped for this trip. I hope the 12 days of this vacation go VERY slow :)

Snoopygirl, you will arrive a day after us! We get to OKW 5/25. Can't wait!

Is this your first stay at OKW and how long will you be there?

It's our first stay and then we move to VWL on the 31st....our first stay there too!!!

1. You should get the HH area ( Bldg 11, 12, 13, 14, 23, 24, 25, 26). Unless there was a problem and nothing is left when you check in.
2. None have elevators. Only 62, 63 and 64 have elevators and they tend to reserve them for medical needs. These are not HH area buildings.
3. One entry into the Master Bathroom through the bedroom. You'd need to be in a building numbered 30 or higher to get the entrance through the laundry room.
4. Just about any one.

Thank you for all your answers:cheer2: this helps a lot:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!