OKW lovers thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this your first stay at OKW and how long will you be there?

It's our first stay and then we move to VWL on the 31st....our first stay there too!!!

Yes, it is our first stay home at OKW since buying in to DVC March 2012. We toured OKW though before buying and loved the grounds and proximity to DTD. Our first DVC stay was Vero Beach last June and we loved it, but are looking forward to staying at OKW!

Thanks for all your replies. 2014 is the right year. Only another 14 months to wait. Was able to book direct with WDTC to secure what I think is a good price for room, DDP, 14 day tickets and $200. Tour operators don't have OKW on their systems yet only the offical travel company. Only downside is that I cannot get flights yet. Well, I can, but they are advanced reservations and coming in at about the same as what I have paid for everything else.

Starting to think about our plans and would love to get the best possible location in the resort as not planning on hiring a car.

Since you booked on cash, and not using DVC points, it is unlikely you will get a room in the Near Hospitality House booking category, unless one opens up last minute through a DVC member cancellation. That category is not bookable with cash reservations, you can make a request to be close to HH, but you'll probably be in bldgs 15, 16, 27, 28 or 29.

As far as not having a car, at OKW it really isn't a necessity no matter what part of the resort you are placed into. There are 5 bus stops throughout the resort, and the Hospitality bus stop is usually the last stop on the route. So just hop on any bus and it will take you to Hospitality if you don't want to walk. To return to your villa when leaving the hospitality area, just walk over the bridge to the Peninsular Road bus stop, it is the first stop on the route. Disney has been offering good prices to UK tourists, generally much better deals on cash reservations than those available to US residents.

Since you booked on cash, and not using DVC points, it is unlikely you will get a room in the Near Hospitality House booking category, unless one opens up last minute through a DVC member cancellation.

And a DVC member hasn't wait-listed that category. . . ;)

Oh LOL I see this thread is 6 years old!~ Our BC/YC thread gets renewed every 4 months when it hits 250 pages.

My question - I am renting points this trip for OKW and years ago I stayed here but had a terrible location. It was a 1 bedroom and super noisy, they had to move us the next day.

THIS trip is a studio - and it is noted on reservation that it is HH. What buildings are there? Is this anywhere near the noisy roads? Anyway to know how many studios are in each building? T

Thanks!

OKWMapcolor.gif

Oh LOL I see this thread is 6 years old!~ Our BC/YC thread gets renewed every 4 months when it hits 250 pages.

My question - I am renting points this trip for OKW and years ago I stayed here but had a terrible location. It was a 1 bedroom and super noisy, they had to move us the next day.

THIS trip is a studio - and it is noted on reservation that it is HH. What buildings are there? Is this anywhere near the noisy roads? Anyway to know how many studios are in each building? T

Thanks!

11, 12, 13, 14 and 23, 24, 25, 26. See the map above. Studios are usually at the ends of the buildings.

Does anyone know if the bikes available for rent are allowed on the Jogging Trail at OKW? I am assuming that if they are not allowed on the Jogging Trail that riding the bikes around OKW is problematic and not all that fun dodging cars/busses.

It isn't like OKW is a metropolis full of traffic. I know a lot of folks ride the surrey type bikes on the sidewalks, so they aren't actually in any traffic. But even with the traffic on the roads, drivers have plenty of time to stop or avoid bicyclists.

Man what I would pay to be sitting in the gurgling suitcase right this minute!! Life is tough these days! I sure hope to get back there soon!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Just wanted to pop in and remind everyone that our DISBoards have problems with threads over 250 pages in length. Over the next couple of days, I'll try to keep an eye on this thread and look for a good place to close it and refer to a new thread.

Just wanted to pop in and remind everyone that our DISBoards have problems with threads over 250 pages in length. Over the next couple of days, I'll try to keep an eye on this thread and look for a good place to close it and refer to a new thread.

What will the $50 Billionth Poster win? Oops! That's Apple. :rotfl2:

So when we get a new OKW Lover's thread, we'll have to make sure the map and other common questions get answered in the early pages.

Does anyone know if the bikes available for rent are allowed on the Jogging Trail at OKW? I am assuming that if they are not allowed on the Jogging Trail that riding the bikes around OKW is problematic and not all that fun dodging cars/busses.

If I remember correctly, you can't take the bikes off the property (like on the path to DTD). We did get a surrey bike once at OKW (after having a fiasco at BW) and had a good time riding around the resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter