OKW Questions

..middle of May...

We're going in early May this year. They are doing renovations so Turtle Pond pool and snack bar will be closed, while you're there. I know they already finished some of the Turtle Pond rooms (blocks 30-33, I believe). If your friend is interested in a newly renovated room, I believe you can request that. If I'm not mistaken, they are currently renovating rooms in South Point (53-56).

We're going in early May this year. They are doing renovations so Turtle Pond pool and snack bar will be closed, while you're there. I know they already finished some of the Turtle Pond rooms (blocks 30-33, I believe). If your friend is interested in a newly renovated room, I believe you can request that. If I'm not mistaken, they are currently renovating rooms in South Point (53-56).

I considered switching resorts but in the long run this one just felt right. You can't beat the square footage (about 900 sq ft in a 1 bedroom villa) and there's a large outdoor patio. Perfect for sitting and reading a book or drinking a cup of coffee, once I'm too worn out from the parks.

...they are only staying for 5 nights. Also, they are bringing their 16-y-o niece who has never visited WDW. I'm thinking they want to spend their time wisely...

Just got back from a stay in a 1-bdrm and have stayed many times before. We were in building 26 and had Hospitality House requested. You can walk about 2 minutes to the front to get on any of the park buses (this is the last stop before the buses leave property), or you can be first on the buses at the Peninsular Road stop, which was less than a minute from our room, and then ride around all the stops before leaving. The ferry ride to DS is about 15-20 minutes, and very pretty and relaxing. If you stay in the Turtle Pond area, they have a great pool there that is quieter (just no waterslide), and there is a hot tub and a playground. One thing not a lot of people know - buildings 30 and up in a one-bedroom have two doors to the toilet, one from the master and one through the laundry room. Buildings below number 30 have one door you can only access by going through the master bedroom entrance (I'm sure there are floor plans online somewhere).

...One thing not a lot of people know - buildings 30 and up in a one-bedroom have two doors to the toilet, one from the master and one through the laundry room. Buildings below number 30 have one door you can only access by going through the master bedroom entrance (I'm sure there are floor plans online somewhere).
....hmmmm....interesting.

You can walk to Disney Springs, partially through the golf course, I think you have to wait for golf carts playing through and can't go onto certain parts of the golf course. But it is not a short walk and I don't think it's set up for walking at night.
You cannot walk through the golf course and you must stay off the cart paths and greens. There is a path from South Point that goes to near the Cirque event area along the canal. It is a bit less than a mile. So plan on about 15-20 minutes. That path is not lit at night.

Have stayed at OKW twice. Love the huge rooms (we had 2BR both times). Building 27 once, 28 the other. Both convenient to the first bus stop - you will get picked up then the bus goes through the resort picking up other guest before stopping lastly at the (HH) Hospitality House. If you see the bus go by the first bus stop, just walk over to the HH and you can still get on that bus. Coming back from the parks, you will be the first stop, so you can get right off! We found the bus system to be fine. However, that boat ride to Disney Springs is our favorite - so relaxing, and a much needed break from park touring.

Love the full sized balcony with large table/chairs. Lovely for morning coffee (yes, we had to keep an eye on the golfers - many are not too good, and a few balls flew our way - LOL!).

....Lovely for morning coffee (yes, we had to keep an eye on the golfers - many are not too good, and a few balls flew our way - LOL!).
....I've heard of keeping an eye out for gators, but GOLFERS?? :lmao:

Hospitality House section is very close to the pool, dining, buses etc. We would get off the bus at the first stop when we returned to the resort as well. Rooms are very spacious.

Hospitality House section is very close to the pool, dining, buses etc. We would get off the bus at the first stop when we returned to the resort as well. Rooms are very spacious.
Remember that Near Hospitality House Area is a booking category for DVC points stays only. It's not available for cash stays.

He wanted to stay here until he read(?) that the busses from OKW to the parks can take anywhere upwards of a 40-minute wait....

Never our experience - we've been there 3 times. One morning we had to wait about 25 minutes for a park bus, but generally 10-15 minutes at the bus stop for any bus. We feel that OKW has the best bus service overall that we've ever had and we've stayed at a lot of different resorts.

Never our experience - we've been there 3 times. One morning we had to wait about 25 minutes for a park bus, but generally 10-15 minutes at the bus stop for any bus. We feel that OKW has the best bus service overall that we've ever had and we've stayed at a lot of different resorts.
:thumbsup2

I booked a 1bd through Disney for 5 nights in October.

I'm not DVC, yet....;)

We have three little ones, and will be back at the pool (hopefully) every afternoon.

Is there an area somebody would recommend for us to at least mention?

If I already made my reservation can I call and mention a certain area?

Thanks for all the info!

Love the full sized balcony with large table/chairs. Lovely for morning coffee (yes, we had to keep an eye on the golfers - many are not too good, and a few balls flew our way - LOL!).

Those palm trees surrounding the balcony have saved our noggins more than once! I recently heard that some of the palm trees were being cut back or even cut down-not sure I'll feel so safe sitting on the balcony now.

I booked a 1bd through Disney for 5 nights in October.

I'm not DVC, yet....;)

We have three little ones, and will be back at the pool (hopefully) every afternoon.

Is there an area somebody would recommend for us to at least mention?

If I already made my reservation can I call and mention a certain area?

Thanks for all the info!
With little ones, I expect you will have strollers. Most OKW buildings do not have elevators, so request a ground floor. Bldg 27, 28 and 29 are right across Trumbo Canal from the main pool and Hospitality House. Just walk across the bridge and you are there. You are close to a bus stop as well (the first stop for theme parks at Peninsular Road).

With little ones, I expect you will have strollers. Most OKW buildings do not have elevators, so request a ground floor. Bldg 27, 28 and 29 are right across Trumbo Canal from the main pool and Hospitality House. Just walk across the bridge and you are there. You are close to a bus stop as well (the first stop for theme parks at Peninsular Road).

Thanks for the info!

We have one stroller, and it's an umbrella that's used just in case the 6yr old tuckers out.

That location looks great.

Are buildings 45 and 46 hard to get?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!