OKW Renovations - Consolidated List

Pending the completion date of 23-26, you may be able to get those. We will be there the week after thanksgiving, so I will post an update then.

I don’t have any info on the 1 BR layouts, so can’t help with that part of your question.
thank you so much for responding and yes please post back! Hopefully you will get a refurbished room! Have an awesome trip!

I thought there was a previous poster who stayed in renovated bldg. 27, 28, or 29 who said they did NOT put a second entrance to the bathroom thru the laundry room at OKW. Maybe I misunderstood? Can anyone confirm?

I thought there was a previous poster who stayed in renovated bldg. 27, 28, or 29 who said they did NOT put a second entrance to the bathroom thru the laundry room at OKW. Maybe I misunderstood? Can anyone confirm?

This seems to indicate you are correct. Not sure if other buildings could different though...seems unlikely. Which would mean @Cmbar is out of luck regardless...

Ugh. That would be disappointing. I saw pictures of the entrance through the laundry room but hadn’t heard that possibly some buildings didn’t have that done. I would love to have that confirmed. In the meantime trying to get a 2bedroon or a different resort!!! Lol

Ugh. That would be disappointing. I saw pictures of the entrance through the laundry room but hadn’t heard that possibly some buildings didn’t have that done. I would love to have that confirmed. In the meantime trying to get a 2bedroon or a different resort!!! Lol

My understanding is that buildings 30 and higher have the second entrance through the laundry room - this was the case pre-refurb, and it doesn't appear that any of the other buildings have been modified to add the second door.

OH Thank you!!! That makes the most sense!! So if you have "Hospitality House"you definitely won't get the 'Fixed bathroom" set up. I had a choice between the Regular or HH sections and it looks like I chose wrong!! UGH

FWIW, This what I was told as well. We just returned from there yesterday, and were in BLDG31. 1BR. As a PP stated the bldg next to us(30) and higher did/does have the 2nd doorway, and the others along Peninsular road do NOT.
Also, I do believe they just finished the reno's at the HH categories along Peninsular too. So 23-26...

FWIW, This what I was told as well. We just returned from there yesterday, and were in BLDG31. 1BR. As a PP stated the bldg next to us(30) and higher did/does have the 2nd doorway, and the others along Peninsular road do NOT.
Also, I do believe they just finished the reno's at the HH categories along Peninsular too. So 23-26...

Oh THank you. So it sounds like you were in BLDG 31 so you had the hall entrance to the bathroom, correct? Sounds like I just need to somehow get my HH choice changed to regular and I should be able to get that setup. If Not I am praying that maybe the BLdgs 62 -64 are considered HH and will have a the hall entrance. I know it seems silly, and we love our friends, but I really don't want to have them come in our bedroom to get to the bathroom at night. And I agree that they should have fixed the problem while doing the refurb on the bldgs that didn't have that. It looks like it was an easy fix to just put a door in the laundry room.

Oh THank you. So it sounds like you were in BLDG 31 so you had the hall entrance to the bathroom, correct? Sounds like I just need to somehow get my HH choice changed to regular and I should be able to get that setup. If Not I am praying that maybe the BLdgs 62 -64 are considered HH and will have a the hall entrance. I know it seems silly, and we love our friends, but I really don't want to have them come in our bedroom to get to the bathroom at night. And I agree that they should have fixed the problem while doing the refurb on the bldgs that didn't have that. It looks like it was an easy fix to just put a door in the laundry room.

It's not silly, It's a legitimate concern....That extra door does give you enough of privacy. I didn't necessarily have that as a preference, as I only cared for an updated room, but after having that 2nd door, it's hard to go back to 1..LoL

I just returned from a stay in building 28. The laundry room did NOT have a second entrance to the bathroom.

We arrived home on November 11 and stayed in a renovated one bedroom in building 27.
They did NOT put a second entrance to the bathroom.
My understanding is that buildings 30 and higher have the second entrance through the laundry room - this was the case pre-refurb, and it doesn't appear that any of the other buildings have been modified to add the second door.
That is correct.
The first group of OKW villas that were built did not have a door into the bathroom thru the laundry roo,.
Adding it was a design change made with building 30 and up.
Oh THank you. So it sounds like you were in BLDG 31 so you had the hall entrance to the bathroom, correct? Sounds like I just need to somehow get my HH choice changed to regular and I should be able to get that setup. If Not I am praying that maybe the BLdgs 62 -64 are considered HH and will have a the hall entrance. I know it seems silly, and we love our friends, but I really don't want to have them come in our bedroom to get to the bathroom at nights. And I agree that they should have fixed the problem while doing the refurb on the bldgs that didn't have that. It looks like it was an easy fix to just put a door in the laundry room .
Even though it might look like an easy change, it looks like there are things inside that wall like ventilation ducts and electrical that would need to be re-routed.
So, I think it was not changed because it would be expensive and not that easy.

Last edited:
When we came back from OKW on November 10.
We stayed in building 27.
During our stay, buildings the driveway to the parking area for buildings 23-26 was blocked off until November 8.
Those buildings reopened on November 9 after renovation was completed.

The Miller Road bus stop was relocated to the parking lot right in front of building 18 and renovations had begun on buildings 22, 21 and 20.

Last edited:
For those following along interested in the Near HH buildings (like myself), I contacted OKW over the weekend to see if 23-26 would be finished by Nov 27. They would not confirm when they would open, but did indicate that they are not finished yet. So not super helpful with regard to our trip. I will post an update when we're there and I can learn more.

For those following along interested in the Near HH buildings (like myself), I contacted OKW over the weekend to see if 23-26 would be finished by Nov 27. They would not confirm when they would open, but did indicate that they are not finished yet. So not super helpful with regard to our trip. I will post an update when we're there and I can learn more.
Keep in mind that when you call resorts, you are not actually talking to someone there. You are talking to someone at a call center answering as that resort.
They may not really know specifics and, in this case, the information they gave you is not correct.

We just returned home from OKW on November 10.
Buildings 23-26 are finished and have been occupied after November 9.

We were staying in building 27 and saw when the driveway to that parking area was re-opened on November 7 and the barriers to the parking lot were removed on November 8.
We could see guests in those buildings, starting on November 9, so they are for sure open.

The buildings that just started renovations on November 8 are buildings 20, 21 and 22.

Last edited:
@SueM in MN -- thank you for the confirmation. I have updated the original links from this thread and am attaching an updated graphic to reflect your intel! And you've given me hope that we can get a near HH, renovated room next week!

Attachments

• okw_map_renovations.png
    okw_map_renovations.png
    705.9 KB · Views: 72
@SueM in MN -- thank you for the confirmation. I have updated the original links from this thread and am attaching an updated graphic to reflect your intel! And you've given me hope that we can get a near HH, renovated room next week!

@Bmlors , thank you for your work on this! Did you get a refurbished room during your stay?

Yes, we did -- building 23 and it was very nice. I posted a mini-review over in the OKW Lovers thread.

I did talk with the front desk about the status of the renovations and they indicated all should be complete by April, which is earlier than I'd heard before. 20-22 were in progress when we left on Dec 4th. I'll continue to keep updating my list if I see updates posted from others.

Yes, we did -- building 23 and it was very nice. I posted a mini-review over in the OKW Lovers thread.

I did talk with the front desk about the status of the renovations and they indicated all should be complete by April, which is earlier than I'd heard before. 20-22 were in progress when we left on Dec 4th. I'll continue to keep updating my list if I see updates posted from others.

@Bmlors , thanks for the quick reply! We are staying in a 2 BR in early February, fingers crossed for a refurbished room! I assume 20-22 will be done in another two months... I just popped over to the OKW thread and am glad to see that you like the renovations! Did you request that building?

Based on their pace, 20-22 should be done within a week or two I would guess.

We had a near HH reservation and I requested anything in 23-26, but was hoping for 23 and got it. 23 is our preferred spot, as it's easy to walk over to the HH, and also gives you bus options between the Peninsular Rd pickup or the pickup at HH (depending on the bus). Peninsular Rd is the first drop off point from the parks, so we would get off there. HH is the last pickup point on the way to the parks, so we'd usually walk over there for pickup (after swinging by Goods to Go for coffee/pop!). We couldn't have been happier...got exactly what I was hoping for!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter