OKW Renovations - Consolidated List

We booked HH area for week of February 18. Keep you posted.
We check in on the 17th and also have an HH area 2-BR villa reserved. I put a request in for the Peninsular Road area knowing those buildings were renovated. I'm excited to see if we get a renovated building!

Tell me pros and cons for Millers Road (looking at at 19) or Old Turtle (looking at 41). We will be here for 3 nights before moving resorts so we are not doing park days. Just chilling out swimming and Disney Springs. Which pool would be better?

Not sure if this is accurate, but I read from another online source that Bldgs 15 and 62-64 are beginning refurbishment on 2/9. We will be there in a few days! Requested 1. Refurbished (stressed that’s our #1 request) and 2. Closer to HH (in-laws want to be by main pool). Looks fully booked online, so it will be interesting to see where we end up!

We went through there this morning(2/16) on our way to the airport on DME. From what we could see, bldgs. 62, 63 and 64 had construction barriers in front of them. Couldn't tell if bldgs. 15 and 16 did also. They had the dumpsters in there and they had debris in them.

I believe 13, 14 and 15.

We will be there in May - hoping they will be done with the reno

Which buildings are considered HH if you put in for a reservation.

Buildings 11, 12, 13, 14, 23, 24, 25, 26. I was interested in that too, so I used the chat feature to get the answer. It works great for these kinds of questions.

We went through there this morning(2/16) on our way to the airport on DME. From what we could see, bldgs. 62, 63 and 64 had construction barriers in front of them. Couldn't tell if bldgs. 15 and 16 did also. They had the dumpsters in there and they had debris in them.

I'm going to note 62-64 as In Progress on the list I've been tracking. Can anyone confirm for certain that 16-19 are complete?

I am going to follow this. We are having out first OKW stay starting on April 28. I am hoping buildings 62-64 will be finished by then. We are bringing my Mother in Law so the elevator and 2nd bathroom entrance would be nice. Thanks for all the information!

Not sure if this is accurate, but I read from another online source that Bldgs 15 and 62-64 are beginning refurbishment on 2/9. We will be there in a few days! Requested 1. Refurbished (stressed that’s our #1 request) and 2. Closer to HH (in-laws want to be by main pool). Looks fully booked online, so it will be interesting to see where we end up!
Where did you guys end up and what's did you see in regards to renos?

Anyone know, what are the odds the refurb will be done by July? Thanks!

Just was there for lunch at Olivia's on Friday and buildings 62,63,64 and 15 were blocked off. 16 17 and 18 were done.

Where did you guys end up and what's did you see in regards to renos?

I see a more recent update was just posted! Those buildings were NOT blocked off when we were there a couple of weeks ago, so that must be new.
We spent almost no time at all at the resort (parks parks parks!), so what I did see of walls up was just passing by on the buses, and it was really hard to tell which buildings they were (I think 19+ but I thought those would've been done already at that point?).
We ended up being assigned a room in the Turtle Pond area. We initially had a different request, but when we arrived we were told the night prior the resort was at 100% capacity and it was going to be a LONG wait for our room. Later in the day, we ended up removing our room requests just to get in a room.
We'd never stayed OKW before and chose it because we had a large party. The two bedroom villa had an AMAZING amount of space; it's an incredible value!

Attachments

• okw_map.png
    okw_map.png
    707.4 KB · Views: 24
Thanks for this info - heading down in two weeks and making my requests this morning. We like 62 for the proximity to HH. (Who am I kidding - proximity to GS!!) So I guess I'll ask for 16 or 17.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter