OKW Room Request

dlr25

Earning My Ears
We'll be staying at OKW (a 2BR in early Dec) for the first time. We have two kids ages 4 and 7. Any suggestions for a room request? I've never even seen OKW and really appreciate any info you can share.

We usually take our chances. There really is not a bad area. Each bus stop area has it's own charm. Even those that are far from the main pool are easily accessable by bus. The rooms themselves are all nice. If you had a 1 bedroom, you would want to be in buildings over #30 to have access to the bathroom from the laundry, but other than that, all are great. There are no prefered views etc. at OKW. Many will say they like the Turtle Pond Pool area, others will say stay at the Southpoint area to be close to the DD walkway, while others prefer anything close to the main pool and Conch Flats. We usually take our chances and have never been disappointed.

We requested one of the newer buildings at the front entrance. I believe it was bluilding 63 we stayed in. It was nice in that we didn't have to get into our car to go to the main pool or Hanks everytime we wanted to.

Peple have said that it was noisey there but it wasn't too bad. Yes, I did hear buses at night but nothing earth shattering!!

Thanks for the input. Noise won't bother us - our home resort is BWV and we like it!

When we have gone with children, we stayed twice in Building 62 and once in Building 64...both 2 BR. We like that area because it is close to the Pool, the Bus Stops and the Activities center. It is also very easy to walk over and get the boat to DD. The older kids(10 and 11) can walk over to the store.
June

We just returned from a week at OKW, and the front desk came through with my last minute request to put us up as high as we could be - we got a third floor room in building 35 (room 3530), right across from the Turtle Pond busstop - and our balcony was a great view for the fireworks from Epcot (looked directly at them) AND Magic Kingdom. Every night at 9pm my family and my brother's family would congregate on our balcony for beautiful fireworks. We were also a quick walk to the Village pool. We loved it!!

We also just returned from OKW and we were in building 23. We liked this location since we were close to the main pool and store. We did not have a car, and it seems to me that it would be pretty inconvenient to stay in the buildings in the back of the resort if you wanted to go to the main pool, store, or Olivia's. Another thing I noticed is that the buses turn around right in front of some of the buildings like 20, 51 and 52. Those that have stayed in those buildings can correct me if I'm wrong, but I would think that those would be a lot noisier and busier, plus a little less safe for younger kids since the buses go right by the parked cars.

Our room was a 1 bedroom with a lockoff studio next to it. We were surprised to get a third floor 1 bedroom after calling to request an upper level room and being told that most 1 bedrooms are on the 1st and 2nd floor - the CM at check in laughed when she saw my face after telling me the room number, I was so excited. The balcony (and the studio balcony next to us) was just PERFECT for the fireworks, and my brother was in room 3533 and could watch them out his window, as his balcony faced too far to the left for a good outdoor view.

Was 3533 the studio - just in case we go next year I know what to request. Thanks

Nope, 3530 was a 1 bedroom, 3531 the studio, 3532 another studio, and 3533 another 1 bedroom. :)

This is great information. The reason we love BWV is watching Epcot's fireworks from our balcony. I never knew you could see them from OKW. Does anyone know if OKW has dedicated 2BR units or is it possible that we'll get a 1BR with the next door studio?

Yes, OKW does have dedicated two bedroom units. I have heard that they are only in the phase one part of the complex--and in the later sections if you want a two bedroom, you'll get a lockoff. I am not absolutely positive this is correct--but I believe so. Also, in buildings 1 through 29, there is only one way into the bathroom in the one bedroom unit--you have to enter into the Master bedroom to get to the bath. This can be inconvenient depending upon who is with you. Bldgs 30 and up corrected this problem and added a second entrance into the bathroom through the utility room. Now if someone is sleeping in the l.r., he can get to the bathroom at night without disturbing other people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter