• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OKW - Studios

SandyCA

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,

This September will be my first time staying as a DVC member and I am soo excited:goodvibes . My Sister and I will are staying in a studio at OKW (I really wanted to stay at my "home" resort - SSR, but thought the 2 beds would be nicer for us.) Last year we stayed at POR, how will the studio at OKW compare?

Another question, I have heard that you can catch a boat to DTD, but can you catch one to POR?

Any info is greatly appreciated:flower:

You'll have a balcony at OKW as well as the mini frig/microwave. We've only stayed once in an OKW studio, and we had a lovely view from the 2nd or 3rd floor, I forget which we were on, but it was an elevator building. I've never stayed at POR but I love the grounds and I think OKW's grounds compare favorably. I think you would have to take OKW's boat to DTD and then take a boat to POR.

Bobbi:goodvibes

PS. Have a great first visit. If I were going with a friend, I would "go" for the 2 Q's as well.

okw is my home resort - the studios will be great.

you will get 2 queen beds instead of the double beds at POR.

as bobbi says you will also get a kitchennett not just a refrigerator.

the bathroom is bigger.

there is one sink in the bathroom. there is another sink (wetsink) in the kitchenett area outside the bathroom.

only building 62, 63, 64 have elevators. the others are steps - but they are easy steps.

you don't want a studio on the first floor the views are pretty bad - plus you may get a HC room.

We love OKW. We had a studio and are going back in July in another studio. I like the idea of 2 beds instead of pull out couch. As far as the boat. Take from OKW to DTD and then you can get on one to POR. Have good trip.:goodvibes

Thanks for your responses. It will be my first time at a DVC resort and attending the MNSSHP. I hope the time between now and September passes quickly.:rolleyes1

W have stayed at OKW on our last 2 visits before that we stayed at POR for 3 years in a row. The most noticable difference is the bigger room along with the porch! The microwave and the mini fridge also come in handy!

Spicey,

Where is the quiet pool in your first set of pictures?
That view is gorgeous!

Thanks spiceycat for the wonderful pictures:thumbsup2 Makes me wish I was leaving tomorrow.

Another question, is it possible to walk to POR from OKW?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter