OKW Studios

bababear_50

DIS Veteran
My home resort is OKW and I am trying to make plans for future stays (I am thinking of buying more points).
My future stays would be around 3 weeks in length. I would most often be traveling single solo. Prefered travel time would be Jan/Feb.
I love the size of the studios,,, but for my needs wish there was a comfy chair in the room.
Do you think with the proposed refurb that they might change out the studios to include a sleeper chair and maybe a side table?
I do not want to spend the extra money/points on a 1 bdrm.
I actually started looking at SSR Studios BUT my heart will always be at OKW.
All thoughts and comments welcome.

P.S,
My son says "buy a zero gravity chair from Walmart mom".

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
I do not think they would make a change. I just think they have had the opportunity in earlier rehabs, yet they didn't. Some members like the fact that there is a studio with 2 real beds. To get that in other resorts, you need a two bedroom! Just MO, of course.:)

I'm kind of wondering about this also. I suspect that the wording in our contract says they can (basically doesn't our contract say that DVC can do whatever they want?) but it would make sense to leave one resort having 2 beds in their studios. Also, I'd like to think that the OKW owners would raise such H****, that maybe DVC wouldn't want to deal with the complaints!

I certainly hope they wouldn't. OKW studios are the only studios we will stay in because of the two queen beds (we each get a real bed). We can't sleep together on a single queen sized bed. We've owned at OKW since 1997. We like it the way it was when we bought it.

Putting in a sleeper chair would reduce occupancy to just three.

Thanks for all of your thoughts, I am aware that many OKW owners enjoy the two
Queen beds in the studios.. Somehow I just wonder if the room could somehow incorporate a reading/lounge chair, without losing the beds. I may have to adjust my thinking of spending an extended period of time at OKW in a studio.
Hugs Mel

We once met a gentleman who stays in an OKW studio every February for a month. He travels solo. I have since wondered how he handled that " no comfy chair to relax in" issue as well, but didn't think to ask him at that time. I would guess they will stay with the status quo in the renovation.

Just head over to Papa's den, grab a book and relax in those comfy chairs when you need a break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter