OKW to GF

Boopuff

DIS Veteran
Question: I haven't been to WDW in a few years. I know they've changed the bag check at MK - resort bus exit now has the bag check. But if I'm going to GF we will be taking the bus. If I exit the bus and get through bag check, is there a second check going onto the monorail? or is it a better bet to walk to CR and get on the resort monorail there?

Question: I haven't been to WDW in a few years. I know they've changed the bag check at MK - resort bus exit now has the bag check. But if I'm going to GF we will be taking the bus. If I exit the bus and get through bag check, is there a second check going onto the monorail? or is it a better bet to walk to CR and get on the resort monorail there?
Only one security check point between the MK bus stop at the MK monorail station. The CR, Poly & GF all have security check points before you can board the monorail.

Only one bag check to go from the buses to the monorail at MK. You'd have to go through bag check to walk from the buses to CR and then another check to board the monorail there, so that wouldn't be a better option.

As others have said, the only bag check is at the buses. I'd suggest skipping the monorail and taking the boat to GF as it goes directly from MK to GF. The monorail will have to stop at CR, TTC, and Poly before getting to GF, and that can take a while.
ETA: Take monorail when you leave GF, as it goes right to MK.

i'm not 100% sure if i'll be answering your question, but couldn't you take a boat or bus to disney springs then a bus from there to GF?
Can, but the buses between DS & the resorts do not seem to run all that often. You might be waiting quite a while at DS to catch the bus to the GF. IMO, it's faster and more convenient to use one of the parks as your transfer point.

That said (and I haven't been for a while), I don't think you will have to go through any bag checks to board the buses at DS or at OKW.

Can, but the buses between DS & the resorts do not seem to run all that often. You might be waiting quite a while at DS to catch the bus to the GF. IMO, it's faster and more convenient to use one of the parks as your transfer point.

That said (and I haven't been for a while), I don't think you will have to go through any bag checks to board the buses at DS or at OKW.
As of few months ago, no bag check at DS or the resorts we visited (OKW wasn't one of them, but I imagine it would be the same)

As of few months ago, no bag check at DS or the resorts we visited (OKW wasn't one of them, but I imagine it would be the same)

yep same here, we went in august 2019 and didnt need to go through a bag check to get on any bus from DS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter