OKW - which floor?

Jelkat

Mouseketeer
Which is best to request? Ground or 1st? We will have a buggy so thought ground would be best but then felt 1st floor would be less noisy and more secure. Anyone any advice, thanks

Most of the buildings do not have an elevator, so you would have to carry your buggy and all of your luggage up and down the stairs unless you have room on the ground floor. You never know if people above you or next door will be noisy. OKW is a relatively quiet resort, since there is no reason to be there unless you are a guest. I wouldn't hesitate to request a ground floor just to make it easier on the family.

Which is best to request? Ground or 1st? We will have a buggy so thought ground would be best but then felt 1st floor would be less noisy and more secure. Anyone any advice, thanks

Just to let you know, in the US, ground floor and 1st floor are the same thing. I’ve stayed by myself in several Disney resorts on the lowest floor and never felt unsafe. The noise is going to depend on the neighbors. My niece as a baby was noisier sometimes than the cheerleader groups at the value resorts.

Just to let you know, in the US, ground floor and 1st floor are the same thing. I’ve stayed by myself in several Disney resorts on the lowest floor and never felt unsafe. The noise is going to depend on the neighbors. My niece as a baby was noisier sometimes than the cheerleader groups at the value resorts.
Oh thanks for that, coming from Ireland I didn't realise they were the same.

All seem to be directing me to requesting ground thanks 😁

You wil LOVE OKW. Have a great trip, and don't forget to take the boat from OKW to Disney Springs. That boat ride coming "home" to OKW at night is lovely!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter