Ol' Tiggerdad is NO LONGER officially homeless

I don’t care for our Toy Hauler(Cyclone) no storage room in the kitchen area. Also too long (44’). Very hard to back in to a lot of sites. Grumpy Aggie is kind of sorry he bought it & way too much money!

I don’t care for our Toy Hauler(Cyclone) no storage room in the kitchen area. Also too long (44’). Very hard to back in to a lot of sites. Grumpy Aggie is kind of sorry he bought it & way too much money!
We had a Cyclone with the race team. We put a Miata in the garage. It had a small kitchen too and the living space felt cramped despite having slides on both sides. That's kind of the compromise with the toy haulers. If you have to carry something, you're going to give up something in the living space. Bjschil's new toyhauler seems to have a little better layout. It felt roomier inside.

j

The one we're looking at has lots of kitchen storage, it was DW chief priority to scope that out. We really avoided several TH for that reason, no small storage. Some of them had no clothes storage, or lacked a pantry. The ones that had plenty of storage were too heavy for my towing likes. If I was really having my way, I'd just buy me a good Class C and be through with it, but the girls wouldn't think it had enough space and would want to move up to a Class A which is basically the same price as a house.

I've put the cart further out in front of the horse.

Since I sold the TT I had a hide-a-ball hitch installed in the bed of the truck and later installed airbags as well. Yesterday I really went overboard. I had a Companion Hitch rated somewhere in the 20,000# range that I bought off a guy here locally. Problem was, it weighed close to 275#. Had to literally use the front end loader on my tractor to load and unload it. I could see that being an issue.

So yesterday I sold it for same price I paid and bought an Anderson Hitch instead. One of the toolbox friendly versions. Saw a guy at local campground recently with one and he let me look it over. Thing weighs like 35#! It is rated at greater than 20,000# and over 4000# tongue weight.

One...

Two...

Three steps closer.

Michael,

I went to the local RV show yesterday. I saw all kinds of rigs that I would have put down a deposit on for you, but you forgot to give me your checking account info.

Sorry. :lmao:

j

Michael,

I went to the local RV show yesterday. I saw all kinds of rigs that I would have put down a deposit on for you, but you forgot to give me your checking account info.

Sorry. :lmao:

j

Figure it's still gonna be a long shot to have one by May. Gotta pay for the DW and oldest DD to go to Washinton D.C. and get their pool done as well. Unless they are willing to back out on the pool but they're pretty set on that. Figure in the meantime I can get the truck ready at least.

I found the RV shows are pretty fun, just to get in and see what some of the new designs are like.

Figure it's still gonna be a long shot to have one by May.

I found the RV shows are pretty fun, just to get in and see what some of the new designs are like.
Take your time looking and the pool will be worth it, especially with the summers you have. My above ground pool decided to completely drain itself this winter. It's going to come out in the spring. I'm contemplating putting an in-ground pool in its place. We'll see how much it will run. I was going to do one myself, but my town makes it almost impossible to do without getting a contractor. Gotta keep those small businesses going. :worship:

The RV shows are fun. I found my next camper. Apparently a Tiffin Allegro Red coach is waiting for me. I just have to wait for my truck to wear out. That, and win the lottery.

j

Take your time looking and the pool will be worth it, especially with the summers you have. My above ground pool decided to completely drain itself this winter. It's going to come out in the spring. I'm contemplating putting an in-ground pool in its place. We'll see how much it will run. I was going to do one myself, but my town makes it almost impossible to do without getting a contractor. Gotta keep those small businesses going. :worship:

The RV shows are fun. I found my next camper. Apparently a Tiffin Allegro Red coach is waiting for me. I just have to wait for my truck to wear out. That, and win the lottery.

j

I still like to go to the RV shows and mess with the sales people. And then I also like to window shop all the way out of my league RV's. Big class A's built on truck chassis'.

Went to an RV show last weekend, and we LOVED this touler. The specs

Length 43' 8
Slides 3
Sleeps 8
Dry/Unloaded Weight 13542

Price from this dealer is $89,000. OUCH. I am sure it is cheaper many other places. I loved that the garage has walk out screen door, which can have the clear vinyl slide windows. The ramp on this unit is not a party ramp, but for a few extra $$$ you would have one.

2019 Forest River Nitro 35DK5.

Hapoy House Hunting

Went to an RV show last weekend, and we LOVED this touler. The specs

Length 43' 8
Slides 3
Sleeps 8
Dry/Unloaded Weight 13542

Price from this dealer is $89,000. OUCH. I am sure it is cheaper many other places. I loved that the garage has walk out screen door, which can have the clear vinyl slide windows. The ramp on this unit is not a party ramp, but for a few extra $$$ you would have one.

2019 Forest River Nitro 35DK5.

Hapoy House Hunting

Sleeps 8, now is that sleeps 8 real adults or is it 2 real adults and 6 of Snow Whites Dwarfs ??

We piled 8 of us up in my dad's old Coleman popup when I was a kid. Woke everyone up during the night when someone had to go the bath house to use the restroom. Was a chorus of screams as you stepped on folks in the dark.

Oh, the days!

Sleeps 8, now is that sleeps 8 real adults or is it 2 real adults and 6 of Snow Whites Dwarfs ??

Well....... camper king in master bedroom, the two bunks in the toy storage are are both a queen long, and of course the fire death trap way up high bunk room. I say sleeps six comfortably, and that high bunk is great for something, not sure sleeping adults. Kids may love it for one night! Loved the spacious kitchen and living room, esp the storage in the kitchen. Deeper, and not as high cupboards than our XLR. Also a nice pantry. Also has two slides in kitchen\living room. No fireplace, though. I din’t Know about two mature adults in the upper bunk in the garage, but it is very spacious.

Well, took another shot in the gut. The air in my 250 stopped blowing last week. Checked the fuses and all good. Thought fan was bad but I ordered a new one and hooked it up.

Nothing.

Probably the blower motor resistor. $50 part.

Problem is apparently it's on backside of HVAC toward firewall. Being told the ENTIRE dash has to come out to get to it. This means no DIY job. Quotes I've seen for labor are around $1500.

Prior to 2011 models you could just remove the glove box and there it was. Not anymore.

Ouch. Not much on newer vehicles is owner friendly.

Amen to that. It's why my primary daily driver is the old trusty 1988 GMC 1500. Old, rusted, paint coming off, but the AC blows cold, it's got 4wd, and you can literally stand in the engine compartment and change the plugs.

Easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter