Olaf's Frozen Adventure being pulled out of theaters due to complaints

Curious why you have zero interest in seeing Coco? Coco was 1000x better than the Frozen short in my humble opinion.
We went for Olaf and I tried my best for Coco but ended up heading out to the cinema bar for the last third of the feature. There is a line in the movie Rio (another sorta awful animated movie) that says it all for me. It's when the parrot finally lays it in the table that he doesn't like samba music and everyone is shocked and disgusted. And he goes on saying they all sound the same, " tiki taco yayaya..." That's how I view mariachi and Spanish guitar.

Frozen Fever has shown on Disney Channel. I'm not sure how long after the initial release it was though. As for Olaf's Frozen Adventure, another sign that it was intended for TV - it was done in 16:9 and didn't fill the wider (2.39:1 ???) theater screens. Personally, Coco was pretty long itself, so I don't get the complaints about the extra 21 minutes. Heavens, I saw Gettysburg in the theaters when I was 10 and that was FOUR AND A HALF HOURS (huge history nerd growing up). I think the real issue for many folks was it delayed the start of Coco from 17 minutes (previews) to 38 minutes and a lot of Coco fans were not particularly fond of Frozen.

I think a lot of it is also expectations - people were expecting a standard "short" (so 5-7 minutes) and when it went way past that they were confused (saw multiple reports of people leaving the theater to check to ensure they were actually in the right theater

Even those that don't like Frozen but wanted to see Coco has probably mentally prepared themselves for 5 minutes of Olaf - not 20+

Also, and you got at it, with the length of the "short" and the previews that made for a very long time in the theater for some kids and when they were skwirmy at the end I think people wanted to blame the short for the total long run time

Just watched the Frozen special on ABC. Nevermind the length, the problem is it wasn't very good. Especially the songs. I can see why they initially decided not to air it.

My daughter was excited to see it, then got bored. She didn't like it. I didn't think it was that good either.

IMHO, I liked Prep & Landing that was on afterward.

My daughter was excited to see it, then got bored. She didn't like it. I didn't think it was that good either.

IMHO, I liked Prep & Landing that was on afterward.
Interesting .. I'll see how it is tonight (recorded).

To me, the Frozen Fever was a perfect length -- a short -- one song. Funny and cute. Maybe that got too ambitions with a 20 minute TV show length short. It is really hard to capture the magic again and again.

For me, nothing beats the Toy Story: Land that time Forgot . .as a perfect Disney "Christmas" TV special --- that show was on-par with most of the Toy Story movies and should be aired more!

Just watched the Frozen special on ABC. Nevermind the length, the problem is it wasn't very good. Especially the songs. I can see why they initially decided not to air it.

It's definitely not great, but I enjoyed at least parts of it. I liked the beginning where Olaf and Sven are going around learning about the traditions - felt it was full of a lot of punny humor which I love - and the song he sings isn't going to win any awards but thought it was fine - but that should have been basically it - and the rest felt dragged out and then song the sisters sing isn't really that great

basically I think some good editing could have turned it into a rather good 8 minute short

I also saw the Frozen special...whoever thought that was a good idea to put on a theatrical movie was nuts...
Youngest liked it and wanted more...everyone else was "one and done" - this won't make the Christmas special rotation...which is probably good for Frozen 2 b/c most folks will just forget this existed...

I liked it. It was cute, funny, and heartwarming. It's not the best special as Prep and Landing, but it is enjoyable.

I thought it was ok. I liked the beginning and the ending so it probably would have been better as a regular short.
I wonder what it would have been like if the team from the movie had made Olaf's Frozen Adventure.

I'd never seen Prep and Landing before. I thought it was really cute and quite clever.

I missed Olaf's Frozen Adventure on ABC last week. Does anyone know if I can't find it on the apps or online? (I have Sling TV)

Any other airings announced? My DVR somehow missed this (despite setting it to be recorded). When I originally recorded it, it was just listed as a generic "WOnderful World of Disney Holiday Special" ..

My guess is that the Direct TV guide was updated to actually list it as Frozen and my pre-recorded setting got confused.

Prep and Landing was fun for the kids though.

My husband and I loved it, regardless of length.

Do people really have nothing better to do than complain about an extra Frozen feature film to a movie?! Good lord, priorities. :rotfl2:

Any other airings announced? My DVR somehow missed this (despite setting it to be recorded). When I originally recorded it, it was just listed as a generic "WOnderful World of Disney Holiday Special" ..

My guess is that the Direct TV guide was updated to actually list it as Frozen and my pre-recorded setting got confused.

Prep and Landing was fun for the kids though.

Tomorrow (Dec 19) 8pm on ABC for those wanting another watch...the Great American Baking show getting canned opened up "holiday spots" so they are last minuting things in (since they moved other holiday programs to those Thursday slots)...

My husband and I loved it, regardless of length.

Do people really have nothing better to do than complain about an extra Frozen feature film to a movie?! Good lord, priorities. :rotfl2:

Uh, phrasing. :joker:

Last edited:
I wish they would air that LEGO Frozen Northern Lights film again or sell it as digital. I really enjoyed that but can’t find it anywhere other than YT.

I actually really liked the frozen short, I thought it was hillarious and an instant holiday classic for me personally. It was cute light hearted and easy to sit through... the towel moment alone has cemented my love for this short... not to mention as someone else mentioned the hawk & the fruit cake haha.

My family seemed to enjoy it. They hated the trolls special haha.

I've yet to see coco & have an overall lack of interest. The story from the trailer just doesn't connect with me personally and honestly the frozen short was what would have gotten me in the theater... I'll wait for red box. But I felt the same way about Moana and loved it so we'll see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!