Old Key West pontoon boat

monica31671

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know how much it costs to rent a pontoon boat at OKW? For maybe an hour.
I would like boat to POR and DTD.

The boats at Disney are reasonable when i was ther in Sept (OKW) they were in the range of the mid upper 30's per half hour --plus tax-- you can rebt out of DTD as well I know there are restrictions of where you can go with the boats..... and Disney does have a lot of boats that patrol (for lack of better words) the waters
For me the best place to rent would be form the POLY or GF as you are right by MK in a big lake the area by OKW is narrow and has the ferries....
There are also differnt engine sizes on the same type of boats I knwo Poly and Gf and CONT all have the larger engines I do not knwo about OKW
the boats with the smaller engines just do not move faster than a walk if that but make a lot of noise... the other boats are by far not fast just normal feeling

Does anyone know how much it costs to rent a pontoon boat at OKW? For maybe an hour.
I can let you know after next week. We're going to OKW, and I really want to rent a pontoon boat.

i must say I was dissapointed. The man at the window stamped my little card with a time and sent us to the boat dock. then the 4 kids were all fitted for life vests we were given our instructions and sent on our way.

We watched our time very carefully cruised down to DD and came back around. ANd you guessed it. They charged us from the time stamp the guy at the window gave us and that included the 15 -20 on the dock.

So the fee was double what i had figured it would be.:sad2:

Great timing with this question as I am hoping to rent one at OKW in about 10 days.

With a little help from my friends (you know who you are!;) ) I was able to find out that its about $30 per 1/2 hr. I believe that you are able to get a 10% discount DVC member.

The pontoon boats from OKW sound like a very peaceful and relaxing ride with some very pretty scenery as well as cruising by the Treehouse Villas.

Can't wait! :cool1:

i must say I was dissapointed. The man at the window stamped my little card with a time and sent us to the boat dock. then the 4 kids were all fitted for life vests we were given our instructions and sent on our way.

We watched our time very carefully cruised down to DD and came back around. ANd you guessed it. They charged us from the time stamp the guy at the window gave us and that included the 15 -20 on the dock.

So the fee was double what i had figured it would be.:sad2:

but what else would you expect? They would have no other way to track it than the time stamp.

but what else would you expect? They would have no other way to track it than the time stamp.
Respectfully, I think they should stamp it from the moment you actually take off. They stamp it way early before you even set foot in the boat. Lost time getting life vests, instructions etc. The CM at the dock even went so far as to finish spraying down a neighboring pontoon with a hose while we stood there waiting (paying for this time).
The pontoons at OKW are slower (as are the water mice). Wouldn't even waste our money on the water mice at OKW anymore. My dh said the ducks were swimming faster than the water mice at OKW.
I thought it was around $35/30 min for the pontoon ? I'll try and find my info. We just did this last August. It's a nice scenice ride....just slow moving.

I would expect raoul on the dock to time stamp when you actually take off from the dock. Not to be stamped by Mike at the window.

In my case he was same as MIARN washing down another boat and finishing his lunch. The man on the dock was super nice but it was bad bussiness practice just the same. And I did say somthing to them at the time.

i timed it perfectly and returned within an hour period of time. Meaning I would pay for 1 hours boat rental. About 62 bucks??

They then said it was 97?? I said wait a minute??? ANd was then explained it was from the window.
Sorry Dianne but, that was totally not right. I paid it but I will neve rrent from them again.

Figure that out. I spent a dollar a minute to have life vests put on and for him to finish his lunch. i think Mike knocked off 10 because I questioned the whole time stamp process. But he was surely not happy about it.

We rented one of the Boston Whalers (Montauk, I think) from DD last fall. It was about the same size as the patrol boats that they use. Not very fast, but probably a little faster than a pontoon boat. I think it was around $30/ 1/2 hour. We were lucky or maybe it was just pixie dust :wizard: since we mentioned that we had just joined DVC (literally 1 hour before), we payed for 1/2 hour, ended up staying out an hour. When we got back to the dock and ready to pay the extra time, the guy said we were good.:thumbsup2

Respectfully, I think they should stamp it from the moment you actually take off. They stamp it way early before you even set foot in the boat. Lost time getting life vests, instructions etc. The CM at the dock even went so far as to finish spraying down a neighboring pontoon with a hose while we stood there waiting (paying for this time).
The pontoons at OKW are slower (as are the water mice). Wouldn't even waste our money on the water mice at OKW anymore. My dh said the ducks were swimming faster than the water mice at OKW.
I thought it was around $35/30 min for the pontoon ? I'll try and find my info. We just did this last August. It's a nice scenice ride....just slow moving.

Okay, well if that's how it's done...Then , yes, it should be the guy at the dock stamping it. Another option would be to have the life vests etc fitted BEFORE you get to the dock. Not sure why they don't do that either.

Can 13 year olds use the water mice at OKW? At Beach Club / Boardwalk my twins were able to drive their own boats last year. I didn't realize they had watermice at OKW, so when they see them I know they will want to use those (if they are allowed).

Thanks,
DJ

I know the rules for them at the VWL are 12years old and 60" tall. My son is 12 and about 59.5":guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter