OLD KEY WEST - Why Buy Non-Extended Contract?

I must admit, I had very little knowledge of this 2042 verses 2057 when we bought OKW. Didn't really do enough homework, but regardless, I don't need a timeshare in 2057 anyways.

If I decide to sell my OKW points in 2032, I'll sell them for $51 a point. I'll still make $1 a point over my original purchase price.

we opted for a Resale 2042 OKW contract first because the price was amazing and second we will be in our late 70's when it expires. That works for us, if we want to still vacation at that point to wdw we will book as needed. We didnt want to pass the DVC and its dues to our boys. They love wdw too, but don't want to assume their partners want that too.

We didn't own OKW when the extensions were offered. Bought it resale afterwards and there weren't a lot of extended contracts listed.

We'll be 82 when OKW expires and also own at SSR and BLT which have longer contracts, so having OKW expire doesn't bother me (BWV expiring will make me sad). Now if they offered it to me now to extend for $10 I would jump at it.

We didn't own OKW when the extensions were offered. Bought it resale afterwards and there weren't a lot of extended contracts listed.

We'll be 82 when OKW expires and also own at SSR and BLT which have longer contracts, so having OKW expire doesn't bother me (BWV expiring will make me sad). Now if they offered it to me now to extend for $10 I would jump at it.
You'd never get an extension for $10 a point. More like $25 or $30 a point. It started at $15 a point for about six months, then rose to $20 a point for a year, then stopped at $25 a point.

I bought the extension at $15 a point. It was one of the easiest decisions in my life. $15 a point!

When I bought in 1993, 2022 seemed like some distant time in the future, but here we are, did it come around fast. My enthusiasm for WDW vacations hasn't changed at all. If anything, it got stronger. I know many have said that they will be a certain, older age when 2042 comes around and that will be enough. I'll be 82 in 2042, and 97 in 2057. It's highly unlikely that I won't make it to 2057, but the way that I look at it is there will never be a day in my life when I don't have DVC. And further, I won't be leaving my kids OKWless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter