Old Key West

Boopuff

DIS Veteran
Need some suggestions: This is our first stay at OKW we booked a two bed villa. We are an all adult party traveling. Need some help with locations within the resort. We don't need/want to be near the main building or swim pool. A nice quiet area would be great.

Also, can you walk to Disney Springs from OKW?

Thanks

I am also staying at OKW for the first time in two weeks and your question got me curious.

Saratoga Springs is the only resort people say is ‘walking distance’ to Disney Springs. Some even put the caveat that it depends on which Saratoga building your room is located because the resort is sprawling.

Having said that, Google maps indicates you can walk through the golf course from OKW. If that’s accurate, it seems to be a 1.6 mile (2km or 30-minute) walk. As a fast walker myself, that’d be 20-mins. I’d be fine with that as an option but it’s not for everyone.

Here is a link and make sure you click walking as your means of transport.

https://goo.gl/maps/AxteAe35YhWhsSSRA

Not all OKW buildings have elevators. If you think you will need an elevator if you get a villa on an upper floor then you will need to request buildings 62, 63, or 64. They are all in the Miller's Road area.

Yes you can walk to Disney Springs from OKW. It's been a while since we've done that walk but I'm assuming it's still allowed. I haven't heard differently. If that is most important then you might want to be in the South Point area. The walkway is by building 55. You can also take a boat to Disney Springs that you can get by the Hospitality House.

Will you have a car? If not, does the bus order matter to you? Do you want to be first on and off the bus? If so, here is the bus order to help you determine the best area to request:

Peninsular Road
Old Turtle Pond Road
South Point
Miller's Road
Hospitality House

Thanks for all the insight! I did stay at the Treehouse villas and could "walk" but no way!! I'll have to look at the bus stops... something to consider

Also wondering: are the 2 bed villas in all the buildings or certain ones? I'm guessing they must be prevalent throughout the resort.

Last edited:

We've been to Disney about 23 times, All but three trips we've stayed at OKW. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it there!!!! We have stayed at Turtle Pond once and near Hosp House once.
Now we always request South Point. We've never walked to Disney Springs from there but enjoy the 10 min walk to the Hospitality House to catch the boat to Disney Springs.
One of our favs is area 51/52...lol It's right behind the south point bus stop. It's also a 5 min walk to the golf cart/walkway to the Turtle Pond pool (large quiet pool). :tiptoe:

Thanks for the great suggestions! Where can you get your mug refilled? just at the Hospitality House or is there one at the Turtle Pond pool?

Thanks for the great suggestions! Where can you get your mug refilled? just at the Hospitality House or is there one at the Turtle Pond pool?

We stayed in Turtle Pond and filled our mugs at the Turtle Pond pool. There was no coffee there though, so be sure to have some in the villa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!