"Old Magic Bands" versus Magic Bands+

Gloria66

Earning My Ears
Hello Everyone, we have not been to The World in many years. I have a question about the Magic Bands+. The Disney planning website seems to have a limited selection. We really just wanted the "old" bands but they don't seem to be available. The cast member I spoke to on the phone said we could search Disney property for them but that is a waste of valuable park time to me. I know she was trying to help. I seem to remember a store at Disney Springs that sold Magic Bands. Is it still there? Would they have a larger selection than what is on the website? Thank you in advance!

Are you looking for the old version (Magic Band) or the new version (MagicBand+)?

If you want the old version: when I was at Disney World at the end of October, I found the supply of the old version to be very limited. The gift shops in the theme parks did not have them. There were a few in the gift shop on the BoardWalk. There were a few in the gift shop in the Swan and the gift shop in the Dolphin. The ones that I did see were mostly sparkly, like they had been designed to make a young child say, "Oooh, I want that."

If you want to buy the new version on property, I don't think you will have a hard time finding them.

If you are staying at a Disney resort, you can keep checking the app/website. There are some Magic Bands that you can purchase before your trip. The selection change all the time. I saw both the old version and the new version when I looked, but that was months ago.

There are other threads about this.

Just adding that i was able to purchase a regular magicband from the disney website. The magic band worked fine for eveything at the resort and the park, BUT, i found that for a disney cruise, only magicband+ worked, leaving me with a key card. Therefore, if you some day might take a disney cruise, might just pay a little extra now and get the +.

Just adding that i was able to purchase a regular magicband from the disney website. The magic band worked fine for eveything at the resort and the park, BUT, i found that for a disney cruise, only magicband+ worked, leaving me with a key card. Therefore, if you some day might take a disney cruise, might just pay a little extra now and get the +.
Thank you!

Thank you!

Are you looking for the old version (Magic Band) or the new version (MagicBand+)?

If you want the old version: when I was at Disney World at the end of October, I found the supply of the old version to be very limited. The gift shops in the theme parks did not have them.
Just FYI the shop near TRON (the name escapes me) does custom stuff and old magic bands are one of the items you can, or could in November at least, get.

There’s also a shop in DS that offers the customization.

We just went in November 2023 and ordered the old version (MagicBand) straight from Disney through My Disney Experience. I just went to ShopDisney.com and only saw MagicBand+ available to order.

There is a a current thread in the Dis that says the older MB 2s are currently on the wdw site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter