Old park passes with only 'plusses' left question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoozan

Really IS a good girl!
I have 3 old park passes that have 3 or 4 Plusses only left-no park days. Can these be used at the water parks with the cards? Or would they have to be added to a magic band? I don't want to unless I absolutely need to.

I have 3 old park passes that have 3 or 4 Plusses only left-no park days.
1. Can these be used at the water parks with the cards?
2. Or would they have to be added to a magic band?
3. I don't want to unless I absolutely need to.
1. Yes. (Sort of.)
2. That is an OPTION.
3. If these are older than about 2015, you just need to take them to any ticket booth or Guest Relations and the CM will issue you a new RFID card with the same options, free-of-charge.

We had ours redeemed for a plastic card that Robo speaks of. We used the cards to enter Disney Quest before it closed, and we plan to use the cards if we decide to go to the water park. They are attached to our Magic Bands, but the reason we use the cards is because we want to use the old entries before the new ones (on our newer NE tickets) get used.

-the reason we use the cards is because we want to use the old entries before the new ones (on our newer NE tickets) get used.

That really doesn't make any difference.
You could, in fact, use the plastic cards to access your "newer" ticket assets.
MagicBands and RFID cards are interchangeable and each can access all of the tickets in your MDX account.
You should stop by a Guest Relations before heading to an entry point (park or other option)
to have the ticket that you want to USE NEXT set to the highest priority.

MagicBands and RFID cards are interchangeable and each can access all of the tickets in your MDX account.
You should stop by a Guest Relations before heading to an entry point (park or other option)

Robo-do the cards have to be linked directly to a Magicband? I was hoping to have my son exchange my old cards when he is down there before my next trip and I could then link to my own band.

Robo-do the cards have to be linked directly to a Magicband? I was hoping to have my son exchange my old cards when he is down there before my next trip and I could then link to my own band.

MagicBands are not required.
They are just another way of accessing files in your MDX account.

Nobody links items "to" a MagicBand.
You link things (tickets) "to" your MDX account.
A MagicBand is just one of the ways to then access the items in your MDX.

A ticket that is unattached to anyone can be linked to any valid MDX account.

Ok, so the plastic card with our plus passes was given to us before we ever bought our newer NE tickets. I'm not sure how they can possibly be on the card.

Ok, so the plastic card with our plus passes was given to us before we ever bought our newer NE tickets. I'm not sure how they can possibly be on the card.
If you have an MDX account:
Nothing is "on" an RFID card.
Nothing is "on" a MagicBand.

Each of those items (card or MB) has a number coded onto its RFID chip.

That chip number then acts like a "key" to connect to the files of your MDX account.

Scan/tap the MagicBand, it can access any and all of the tickets in your MDX account.
Scan/tap the RFID card, it can access any and all of the tickets in your MDX account.

Last edited:
Sounds like these older tickets aren't attached to any MyDex profile yet. If so, they can be used separately with no prioritizing necessary, once converted to the new physical media.

Sounds like these older tickets aren't attached to any MyDex profile yet. If so, they can be used separately with no prioritizing necessary, once converted to the new physical media.

As long as there is no reason to want "stand alone" tickets to be accessed via MDX what you describe can be true. (In the case of the tickets Snoozan is describing.)

If you have an MDX account:
Nothing is "on" an RFID card.
Nothing is "on" a MagicBand.

Each of those items (card or MB) has a number coded onto its RFID chip.

That chip number then acts like a "key" to connect to the files of your MDX account.

Scan/tap the MagicBand, it can access any and all of the tickets in your MDX account.
Scan/tap the RFID card, it can access any and all of the tickets in your MDX account.
Ok, trying to wrap my head around this. How do I know it's an RFID card instead of just a plastic ticket? It has been linked to my MDX account, but we received the card many years ago.

Ok, trying to wrap my head around this. How do I know it's an RFID card instead of just a plastic ticket? It has been linked to my MDX account, but we received the card many years ago.

If it has a "Visual ID" on the back - the 12-digit alphanumeric code that's used to link to MDX - it's an RFID-enabled card.

Very few 'plastic tickets' aren't RFID, mostly just ones used for exchange certificates.

I also have four non-expiring tickets with only 3 or 4 plusses left too. However, two of my tickets (from 2008) are child tickets. Both of those kids are now 10+. Can they still use those? I thought I needed to upgrade the tickets to adult tickets. Do you know how much that would cost? Thanks!

I also have four non-expiring tickets with only 3 or 4 plusses left too. However, two of my tickets (from 2008) are child tickets. Both of those kids are now 10+. Can they still use those? I thought I needed to upgrade the tickets to adult tickets. Do you know how much that would cost? Thanks!

There is no charge to upgrade a partially-used child ticket to an adult ticket for use by the same (now older) guest.
It is a common and easy transaction that can be done at any ticket booth or Guest Relations. The (former) child(ren) should be present for the upgrade.

Does anyone know a good way of checking the balance of "plus" days on these old NE tickets? I have a few too. The MDE app and website tell you how many days of theme park tickets but not how many plus options are left. I used to do a good job keeping track but not anymore.

Does anyone know a good way of checking the balance of "plus" days on these old NE tickets? I have a few too. The MDE app and website tell you how many days of theme park tickets but not how many plus options are left. I used to do a good job keeping track but not anymore.

Below is a quote from an eMail from WDW Guest Relations regarding "days left" on tickets:

Greetings from the Walt Disney World Resort!

Thank you for contacting us regarding your unused Walt Disney World ticket media.

If you have not already done so, please send a copy of the front and back of your tickets, as well as a copy of your Government issued I.D.

to Ticket.Usage@DisneyWorld.com.

Include your name and daytime telephone number. We are unable to provide usage without these copies.

Please note, we are not able to receive messages or attachments greater than two mega bytes. If needed, send your files in separate messages or compress them prior to sending.

If you are visiting the Walt Disney World Resort within five days and need immediate assistance, please call us at (407) 560-2544, Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm (EST). We may also be reached Sunday and Saturday between the hours of 10:00am and 5:00pm (EST).

I personally assure you that your message has been received. Depending on the amount of research required, our response time may vary; however, a member of my Guest Experience Services Team will contact you within five days.

Sincerely,

Director, Guest Experience Services

Below is a quote from an eMail from WDW Guest Relations regarding "days left" on tickets:
TIP: If your email has gone through, you will receive a canned auto response from them within minutes. Do NOT attempt to send more than 1 ticket (both sides) and a receipt in each email. Send multiple emails and label them with your name, trip date and 1 of 4, etc in the SUBJECT line. I learned the hard way that my emails that appeared to go through, actually did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter