Old Xmas Movies?

MattsPrincess

A Most Peculiar Mademoiselle
I have vague memories of few Christmas cartoons I had on VHS when I was little. (so probably from the late 80's or early 90's) I was wondering if you guys could help me figure out what they may be and if I may be able to buy them on DVD anywhere. I already have Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas, and none of those are right.

One is centered on Donald and the nephews. From what I recall, the boys are being bad, Donald gets angry, and it ends up in a big snowball fight, them against him. They build cannons and everything and one scene I remember vividly is Donald getting turned into a snowman, then they fire snoballs at him and it shoots holes through the snowman...pretty sure he runs around still in it, too. This one I think may be older.

The other is about the Goof's. Goofy and Max get snowed into...a cave? With Pete and them. They all lose the Christmas spirit on account of being stranded, and it seems like Goofy or maybe Max ends up cheering everyone up and they have a great little holiday.

Im trying to beef up my Disney DVD collection so that once DH and I have kids, we will already have them all for them to watch and grow up on like we did. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. These memories have been nagging at me for a while now, lol.

I have vague memories of few Christmas cartoons I had on VHS when I was little. (so probably from the late 80's or early 90's) I was wondering if you guys could help me figure out what they may be and if I may be able to buy them on DVD anywhere. I already have Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas, and none of those are right.

One is centered on Donald and the nephews. From what I recall, the boys are being bad, Donald gets angry, and it ends up in a big snowball fight, them against him. They build cannons and everything and one scene I remember vividly is Donald getting turned into a snowman, then they fire snoballs at him and it shoots holes through the snowman...pretty sure he runs around still in it, too. This one I think may be older.

The other is about the Goof's. Goofy and Max get snowed into...a cave? With Pete and them. They all lose the Christmas spirit on account of being stranded, and it seems like Goofy or maybe Max ends up cheering everyone up and they have a great little holiday.

Im trying to beef up my Disney DVD collection so that once DH and I have kids, we will already have them all for them to watch and grow up on like we did. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. These memories have been nagging at me for a while now, lol.

The first cartoon you mentioned is Donald's Snow Fight (1942). You'll find it on YouTube. :santa:

Could the Goofy cartoon you mentioned possibly be A Goof Troop Christmas? You'll find that on YouTube as well. :santa:

Two early VHS Christmas releases were:

A Walt Disney Christmas 1996
"Once Upon a Wintertime," "Santa's Workshop," "The Night Before Christmas," "Pluto's Christmas Tree," "Donald's Snow Fight," and "On Ice."

A Disney Christmas Gift - 1982 TV special, released on VHS mid-80's
"Once Upon a Wintertime" Melody Time
"Pluto's Christmas Tree" Mickey Mouse, Pluto & Chip 'n Dale
Bambi & Thumper
Peter Pan & the Darling children
"The Clock Watcher" Donald Duck
Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs
Merlin, Arthur & Archimedes the Owl
Cinderella & Fairy Godmother
"The Night Before Christmas" Silly Symphonies

AFAIK, neither has been released on DVD.
Check this page for more:
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/christmas-checklist.html

:)

Could this be it?

IMG00525-20100727-1903.jpg

I just found an old VHS I had taped off tv from the late 1980s. It had the stage show of Mickeys Nutcracker from the parks. Roger Rabbit was one of the party guest. I had also taped Mickey Christmas Carol as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter