older ticket

kellyandmike

Earning My Ears
I have 2 older non expiring tickets. We are going to WDW in November. I think I will just buy new tickets for this visit and save my non expiring ones. Do you all think that's a good idea? Do you think Disney will every void out the non expiring tickets at any point?

They will never void them. I have ones from 2004 and even some from the 90's that they honor....

I have 2 older non expiring tickets. We are going to WDW in November. I think I will just buy new tickets for this visit and save my non expiring ones. Do you all think that's a good idea? Do you think Disney will every void out the non expiring tickets at any point?
Do you go very regularly (every year, every 2 years)? Are you getting some kind of discount (free dining or something) with the requirement of buying tickets?

I know that they are a hedge against inflation, but I don't think Disneyworld tickets are a good "investment" option. I would just use my old tickets as I needed them unless one of the other things applied.

I have non-expiring days left.
I plan to use them for short trips only since the price per day is a better known value (ie, for trips several says or longer, the "per day" price when buying a new ticket will be lower.)
However, my non-expiring tickets are hoppers, so I might not want to "waste" the hopper feature on even a single day if I won't have the time or desire to use it for that day.
Thus, for a 2-day trip, I might go ahead and use for known better value and not consider the math guesses of future value.
I do Disney will honor as originally sold (thought have noted on MDE that my tickets say both "expire in 2030" and "non-expiring" - another thread discussed this as a means to record in the system rather than a desire to actually have them expire at that time. I plan to keep an eye out for changes.)

Enjoy!

My folks and I still had 1 day left on non-expiring tickets from 1990! We went to Disney Springs at Guest Services and they gave us new hard plastic cards with our days allotted. They actually couldn't tell if I had 1 or 2 days left, so they gave me 2 days, hopper, non-expiring!

Nope! I say hang onto those. They only increase in value as the year go on. I have done the same thing in recent years. AAA had a really good ticket deal last year-ish, so I bought those and shelved the 2009 non-exp tickets for yet another year. Someday I’ll use them again.

You need to take them to Guest Services while you are there and get them updated into the new style cards with the type of numbers that can be linked in MDE for future use. We did that with all our old tickets from the days of non-expiring park hoppers. I had notes of each card with the number of days of park and water use that were left and asked her to move the sticky note to the new card as she transferred them. It only took her about 15 min and I had a lot of tickets.

If the older tickets are from before there was a Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park, does that mean you can't use them at Animal Kingdom?

I still have 6 non-expire days left on a ticket I bought years ago. I only use them if we are going to the parks 1 or 2 days during a trip. Otherwise, I buy new, multi-day tickets and save the non-expires. I don't think WDW will ever void them out. That would go against the terms and conditions of the tickets at time of purchase.

I still have 6 non-expire days left on a ticket I bought years ago. I only use them if we are going to the parks 1 or 2 days during a trip. Otherwise, I buy new, multi-day tickets and save the non-expires. I don't think WDW will ever void them out. That would go against the terms and conditions of the tickets at time of purchase.

That's what I do too! My solo trips are usually short, so I save the non-expire for those. Last year DH and I went for a week for our anniversary, so I got 7 day hoppers and upgraded mine to an AP to cover my other 3 trips. Now I will be back to the non-expire ones. In addition to the one currently in my account, I have 2 more 10 day NE hoppers waiting to be used.

We have a couple days on some non-expiring tickets, but mostly we have a bunch of WP&M options left. Since we have been able to use the Military Salute tickets for so long we are in no hurry to use them up. We had them converted to plastic tickets a few years ago and have a sticky on them for what is left on each.

We have 8 days left of a 10 day Non Expiring Pass. My DH had called DISNEY guest services asking the same question, and they assured him they’d never expire. We actually bought AP’s last year, and have to find a time to actually use these!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter