OMG...a trainer was killed today!

Im all for freedom of speech,

but this is getting ridiculous. Im Glad Seaworld decided to leave Tillikum alone and not put him down or release him. they are changing things to benefit the safety of their trainers. As it was an accident and protcol was broken which is why their reviewing protocol. I dont agree how the media Blew this up and made this guy into something worse than he is. Dawn passed doing what she loved. Can we all put this to rest already.

I believe you should watch this video of SeaWorld's First show after the Incident. its something let me tell you. it takes courage to continue on after this tragedy. But they did it and i applaud them.

here is the link: the show officially starts 3 min in but i encourage you to watch it all: http://www.wftv.com/video/22693306/index.html

Thank you for sharing this.

but this is getting ridiculous. Im Glad Seaworld decided to leave Tillikum alone and not put him down or release him. they are changing things to benefit the safety of their trainers. As it was an accident and protcol was broken which is why their reviewing protocol. I dont agree how the media Blew this up and made this guy into something worse than he is. Dawn passed doing what she loved. Can we all put this to rest already.

I believe you should watch this video of SeaWorld's First show after the Incident. its something let me tell you. it takes courage to continue on after this tragedy. But they did it and i applaud them.

here is the link: the show officially starts 3 min in but i encourage you to watch it all: http://www.wftv.com/video/22693306/index.html

I am also glad Tillikum will be left as is. It was an accident. The media made this out to be much bigger that it needed to be. The local media has just been awful. I feel for Dawn's family and co workers that have to listen to this junk and speculation. I think Dawn should be remembered for the fine work that she did and leave it at that.

We will learn from this accident. There will be new protocols and guides. That is as it should be.

I have not watched the new show yet. But I have to agree, it takes a lot of courage to pick up and go on when you have lost one of your own.

Good for SeaWorld for not bowing to pressure as there is truly no reason to put Tillikum down and he would never survive in the wild. The media made him out to be a vicious killer when one incident involved three whales and he did not kill the person in the other...the guy climbed into the whale tank and died of hypothermia, and Tillikum just happened to be the whale in that tank. I truly do not believe he meant to harm Dawn, and I believe her family when they say they would want no harm to come to him. She make have broken protocol, but you can clearly see in the video that she loved and trusted him and 99 times out of 100 no harm would have come to her. You can't predict things like how a ponytail in the wrong spot might trigger a wild animal's instinct. It was a horrible tragedy and my heart goes out to her family as well as to all of her co-workers at SeaWorld. I hope guests are being sensitive and not asking rude and hurtful questions.

Thank Tillikum Trainer. Very touching.

Just wanted to add my thoughts and prayers to Dawn's family. We were at SW 3 days before this happened and followed it everyday on the news. It was easy to see the love she had for these mammals. I doubt she ever worked a day in her life while working as a trainer as they were like her babies. I hope her family is comforted by happy memories of Dawn and her joy in realizing her dream and doing what she loved.

Great video. I loved the one fish, no... two fish... no... big fish! Very touching, and it was nice to see the trainers just going with it. it makes you wonder.... do the whales "know"? They must. They are such intelligent creatures.

Such a tragedy my thoughts are with Dawns family at this terrible time.

Im so glad nothing bad will happen to Tilli he couldnt understand. The trainers are aware of the dangers of their job and Im sure she wouldn't have changed anything about her life with the animals and job she loved.

Good for SeaWorld for not bowing to pressure as there is truly no reason to put Tillikum down and he would never survive in the wild. The media made him out to be a vicious killer when one incident involved three whales and he did not kill the person in the other...the guy climbed into the whale tank and died of hypothermia, and Tillikum just happened to be the whale in that tank. I truly do not believe he meant to harm Dawn, and I believe her family when they say they would want no harm to come to him. She make have broken protocol, but you can clearly see in the video that she loved and trusted him and 99 times out of 100 no harm would have come to her. You can't predict things like how a ponytail in the wrong spot might trigger a wild animal's instinct. It was a horrible tragedy and my heart goes out to her family as well as to all of her co-workers at SeaWorld. I hope guests are being sensitive and not asking rude and hurtful questions.

Well put,thats my feelings also.

That video put A tear in my eye.Her family,coworkers,managment and anyone thats ever seen her perform with her love and compassion for whales,well should as well.Just typing this after seeing the video has got me chocked up now.
Godspeed Dawn,you will never be forgot.

Even sadder news today...the reason she had long hair was that she was growing it out to donate it to Locks of Love for children with cancer and other illnesses that make them go bald. Just more evidence of the kind of loving and generous person Dawn was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!