OMG! Disney Instead of Camping? Oh Heck Yeah! F&W Fest 9/10-9/15 Trip! (UPDATE 8/18)

oh no! I am so sorry. This happened to me this month. Went on a total of 4 interviews for a part time job. My husband who has worked in Human Relations though this was not worth it for a PT job, I was so excited even did a tag along trial, In the end they wanted someone who has had more experience and full time. I have not worked for 18 years (unless you count slave to my household a job), how do i get experience and why advertise for PT.
I am still going to continue my search for PT position.
I believe the job was not meant for me and their is better job out their for me. As well as for you! :flower1:

aw, i'm sorry! :( :( :( Such a sucky feeling. But something better will come along. And like you said in the meantime, at least your current job pays enough for a Disney trip

Oh yay! I was just reading a PTR from chunkymonkey and saw that there is now:
UP! A Great Bird Adventure

up1.JPG

I am excited because "S" and I love Up! (ok, I love the first part and like the rest alright, DH LOVES it)
If any of you read my first trip report you know I gave him this as a sign of my commitment to him:
f85beec6785acb3c1ab23032b089d053.jpg

We even had this image framed and placed next to the sign-in book at our wedding reception (and it was the cover photo for our wedding "Save the date") It now sit's on the Hubby's desk at work,

up-2.jpg

Also "S" likes birds! So yeah I am really happy to have something Up! themed to do with him on our AK morning!

Yay new adventures!

Last edited:
Hi there! Followed you over from my TR. You guys are so cute!

We will be missing you by a day. In Sept we're there from the 1st to the 9th. :(
But your plans look great! Loved that you scored free dining at the same price. Definitely worth it!

Sorry about your sister's apartment. That sucks. I hope insurance will cover some of her losses. I would be so sad if that happened to us.

BoG breakfast is great - I am probably one of those people who likes it and think it's worth it - but I do so only for pre park opening breakfast. Then I pre-order our food so that it gets to us within like 10 minutes. So by the time we're done eating we're in line before everyone else for 7DMT or Peter Pan. I do this on days we don't have FP for Magic Kingdom so at least we still get to do some good rides.

I have to lose weight too. I felt like in the past year especially going to WDW so many times really killed any diet and fitness routine I had. It was like a constant vacation, hahaha. So I would like to get into shape before Sept. too. It's so hard. I'm such a foodie too. :)

Glad to have provided some info on the Up show. I don't know much about it except that it has birds in it, haha.

Looking forward to more!

Hi there! Followed you over from my TR. You guys are so cute!

We will be missing you by a day. In Sept we're there from the 1st to the 9th. :(
But your plans look great! Loved that you scored free dining at the same price. Definitely worth it!

Thanks for coming by!
Welcome aboard!

Too bad you are leaving the day before we get there, I'd totally be up for a DIS-meet!

AAAAH it's getting close!! We just hit double digits...99 days!

tenor.gif

I really should figure out my FastPass strategy BEFORE July 12th. It's really my first time doing this. My Jan 2017 trip doesn't count because I booked my trip 10 days before I went, so everything was gone.

Yes definitely. If you are trying to get Flight of Passage and Toy Story Land FPs, definitely aim to get those first when your window opens up!

Yeah, so I am stressing about my Fast Pass strategy.

I am stressing a bit about the “schedule” in general.

Now I am not one to OVER-schedule my vacations, but let’s face it. IF you don’t do this somewhat at Disney you simply are not going to get to do and see as much.

What’s causing the stress is actually my darling Hubby.

Here’s the thing. He is more than happy to let me plan our park days. Great. He doesn’t care to much where we eat and trust me to figure out what is the best day for which park etc.

35264945_10156378203163498_6831512416228999168_n.jpg

However there are several things he doesn’t do. Fine, I can do some of them other times. I will try to fit a few things (like a Meet & Greet or two) so I don't feel deprived but I will keep those things minimal.

Then there is his issues with heat. Not only will he require the midday breaks, but I needs to make sure we space in shade breaks, show with A/C etc.

This I can do.

However, he got a little upset when I was trying to go over some of our plans a few weeks ago with him.

Our AK day I had us getting up early in time for rope-drop. He doesn’t want to.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Ok… I kind of get it. He doesn’t like vacations where he has to get up early. Vacation, to him, means you get to sleep in…
Heck, we wouldn't have to get up AS early but he takes forever to get ready in the mornings. I shower at night so I can be dressed and ready for breakfast in 10-15 minutes, he will be in the bathroom for an hour. So in order for us to get ready, eat and makie it to rope drop I have us getting up around 7am. About the same time he gets up for work. Ok, fair, I can see why he is not enthused by the idea....

No, not okay. HE cannot have it both ways!

tumblr_omatewtZNx1uscwiro1_500.gif

If he wants a midday break everyday that is a significant chunk of our park time GONE right there. I am willing to accept that, but in exchange I need us to go to our morning park a bit earlier than he prefers. I will NOT be showing up at 10am just to leave again at noon! He will get to rest then, so the getting up “early” shouldn’t be a big deal. Him cutting our morning visit so short really make ME feel rushed and I have no idea how on earth I am even going to get to do even Half of the attractions that I want to do.

I have no desire to get into an argument with him about our vacation, but I am going to have to bring this subject back up and find a way to get on the same page BEFORE my Fastpass day. I have no doubt we will find a happy medium, but I just don't want to be too pushy and make him not want to go...(Yes, I can be a bit pushy and snippy sometimes....)
tumblr_n4mfwvudMh1sial0xo2_250.gif

Yes definitely. If you are trying to get Flight of Passage and Toy Story Land FPs, definitely aim to get those first when your window opens up!

That's what I am concerned about. Maybe if dangle " breakfast in the park" in front of him, so he can sleep a little longer (30 min) I can convince him to rope drop a couple of times. I will need to see what my Quick Service Breakfast Options are at HS and AK. Worst case at least one of those we can do Starbucks breakfast with my gift cards.

Ooh, balancing different park touring styles is hard--I feel ya. I think you've got a good strategy though--if he wants a midday break, then he'll have to do slightly earlier mornings. You'll figure it out! Good luck!

SHOE CRISIS!

So I rather intelligently bought new shoes a couple of months ago and have been trying to break them in BEFORE my Disney trip.

shoes1.JPG

I have been careful to not wear them in bad weather but mostly on Fridays and on my treadmill now and them.
The problem is that they seem to REFUSE to be broken in. They are not awful but they are just slightly toe tight on my slightly larger left foot (next size up would be too large)
and do not seem to be stretching. I know this will be a very bad thing with all the walking at Disney.

I am afraid there is no time to break in another pair! I can't even just use my old sneakers because they got destroyed in my sisters smoke and water damaged apartment (post-fire).
Still, I guess I have to try. I would be happy for recommendations for affordable (less that $50) sneakers. I feel like I have spent a fortune on shoes of late.

In the mean time I have also gotten a pair of Teva Flip flops at the recommendation of the boards (they just came):
shoes 2.JPG
I will need to break these in too.

And I am currently breaking in a pair of Okabashi Sandals (I love them for their arch support):
shoes3.JPG

But I really do need at least one pair of sneakers.

No recommendations; I can't stand wearing sneakers most of the time and even less at Disney. But sending good vibes your way that they break in!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter