OMG! I am OBSESSED with DisBoards! Ahh - Support Group needed...

Since this pandemic and "safe at home quarantine" I have thought a lot about Disboards!!! But today I finally got on for more than a minute...I believe I got on once or twice since the pandemic started, but their didn't seem to be any interesting threads...I thought it might be buzzing with news of something interesting...but I didn't see anything...so today I went straight to seeing about this thread!

How are you all doing?!? Obsessed Disney fans!!

As a real quick recap we did do the shortest notice of planning to go to Disney...we went in November of 2019 with the six youngest children and my parents. We had a blast! Memories to treasure forever!! My parents are 78 and 75 and I don't think my mom will go back....they are still very active and in good health...she just got tired of Disney and what they support....it took since 2008 to get her back there!!! We all had fun!!! She was glad she went! Now that the pandemic has hit I have thought quite a bit of how thankful that we went in November of 2019!!! Who's to know how it is going to be now and I wanted to give the younger kids a traditional Disney trip with their grandparents like their older sibling got.

So how are you all doing during this pandemic? Did anyone already have plans...how did that go? Is anyone planning to go and see what it is like during this time?

Anxious to hear from you all!

:disrocks:Here I am!! Back at it... we are planning a trip to the beach over our April Vacation before DS18 graduates high school and while DS21 is remote schooling for colleg. Not sure when I will have all my kids on a family vacation again! We have decided to add a 3 day getaway at Universal on the tail end of our beach vacation.... So here I am planning away, ordering books, and I love it! I miss doing this like I did when the kids were little!!:surfweb:

Our state just lifted its travel restrictions, DH and I both have our first vaccination shot and will have #2 before we go. I thought about WDW a lot during the last year .... but I am not sure I could do a whole week at HOT WDW with a mask and limited attractions compared to usual, missing a little magic and stressed about Covid and social distancing/restrictions. We will be back... just not this year. We will do a couple days at USO/IA... if we miss something, we wont know it and its only for a couple days with masks.

I hope you all are well and healthy! Happy Planning and be sure to drop me some suggestions and advice about Universal! :crazy::sunny: pirate::crazy2:

Hi Grendalyn,

Glad your back! Wow your state released travel restrictions, that's great! Not in Maine with Governor Mills. We are still under her emergency orders!

We just got back last week from Florida. We decided not to get tickets in Disney. We did all things "Free" on Disney properties. Unfortunately, the magic was lost with masks. I just couldn't relax with the loss of freedoms. Disney Springs was the worst! They had mask police with signs nabbing people. I was totally negative about Disney when there was two Disney mask police coming toward us, and one of them spotted two young kids probably 5 and 7 with their masks over their mouths, but under their nose...and the police mask made a beeline directly cross traffic to the child and put their face in the Childs and told them. "You must have your mask over your nose at all times!!" and then to the other sibling same thing, then up to the parents and told them their children must have their masks over their noses at all times!

We talked to enough people and most were fine I think because they already knew. One mother of a child that had just turned over two was ok in general but just lied about her Childs age because she thought it was not practical to have to try to keep a mask on that young of a child. We were offered free tickets by my parents for an anniversary present, but I just couldn't do it! I just felt the whole mask thing sucked the magic out of being on Disney property. I hope we can bounce back and find Disney magical again! I hope the experience hasn't tainted my feelings for Disney. We had planned a family trip for 2021, but we are not interested to pay the prices for wearing masks and less entertainment.

Sorry about that downer! I hope you have fun!! We have always had fun in the past. Probably being in the parks will distract you from all of that...that's what others have said.

We went to Dollywood too...it was very busy the first day, but much more relaxed! Some of the food wasn't as good as Disney though. It's hard to find anything that compares to the theming of Disney! I am still looking... What other family trips have you enjoyed?

Its like riding a bike.... We are planning our first trip to Disneyland in November and I find myself back here getting all the news and info I can about our upcoming California Adventure! Facebook groups are great, but I am still partial to DisBoards!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!