OMG! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

TheRustyScupper

Everyone Is Responsible For Everyone.
Thanks to all my camping friends for their nice holiday wishes!

1) Most know I was in a head-on crash on 2/15/2017 with a tourist who crossed the center line.
2) The Florida Trooper said the accident SHOULD have been fatal for me.
. . . we were traveling at highways speeds on a bypass near Disney
. . . trooper said it was as if I hit a wall at 120mph
. . . my Yukon (aka: "The Tank") was totally destroyed
. . . trooper said I was saved by "The Two G's" . . . God and Gm-engineering
3) I survived with two broken spinal discs, one broken ankle, and several monster contusions.
. . . ICU for 8-days, hospital for 4-weeks, rehab for 7-months
. . . walking again was in doubt for 5-days
4) I have used crutches and a scooter since, and lived on Oxycodone every four hours, night-and-day.
5) On 12/22/18, my doc called and said he had a "new brew" for me (and non-opioid)
6) Low and behold, A Christmas Miracle !!!
. . . I have been totally pain free since just before Christmas 2018!
. . . I no longer use a cane or crutches!
. . . I still need the scooter for long walks, like at Disney . . . but not for short ones like the grocery.
. . . Hopefully the scooter-need stops as I build up my leg and core muscles.
7) I cannot describe the feeling of zero constant and severe pain, and the dependency upon my wife.
8) I should be good for our 35-days in Australia - New Zealand - Fiji in early 2019.
9) Thank all of my Fort Friends for their wishes and prayers!

NOTE: I took five family members to Ireland in September on a custom tour, stayed in castles nightly, and used scooter at every nightly castle and sight-seeing location. A real hassle, but it got me through the vacation . . . but what a drag for me and my group.

I'm happy to hear of the improvements, Rusty. Lord knows you've been working hard to heal, do your therapy, and continue on the long road to recovery. It sounds like you had a fabulous trip to Ireland and have big plans for Down Under.

Stay safe, build up those leg muscle groups, and we hope to see you and DW at the next opportunity.

Bama Ed

Thanks for the update, Rusty.

That is great news about the new pain management strategy. I'm so glad to hear it is working. I've had many conversations with patients explaining that a 0 pain level is probably not realistic after injuries like yours.

Congrats and enjoy the new freedom and down under trip.

j

Great to hear about this. I'll certainly pass the word on to the girls.

Glad to hear Rusty is doing better and once again that trip sounds wonderful.

What wonderful news... and oh so Inspiring as well. Best of luck to you and continued healing and good health! Wow!

Wait... wait.... wait... We don't have to take you around the back of Mickey's BBQ and put you down? Great! LOL

Seriously, great to hear that you are making progress to your recovery physically and hopefully mentality/spirituality. I can relate as I was involved in a vehicle accident last year in which i was hit from behind at highway speed and luckily in my F250. It took all force of the hit. If you want to talk about it in private, please feel free.

I was just thinking about you the other day! Hadn't seen a post from you for a while and wondered how you were getting along. Glad to hear you are doing better, Keep up the therapy and keep getting stronger every day!

So sorry to hear of that horrendous wreck! But so glad to hear of your hard earned recovery.
Could you please share the non-narcotic medication that replaced the oxy?
I have a pain condition that is chronic and only gets worse. Nothing much helps but I take another pain med each day. Like you were, I have pain every day.
I know there is no magic pill, but always looking for what works for others. If you would rather not say, you could PM me if you like. thanks.

I just got stopped from naming my pain med, so you probably won't be able too.

That's wonderful news that you're getting some relief from your pain!!! Continued prayers for healing and relief!!!

Such a great report - congratulations on your successes! Your continued healing will be in my prayers.

Yes please share your non narcotic treatment. I have had back pain for 20 plus years. I usually just suffer thru it but have pain meds on stand by.

I’m late to the thread but so glad you have a new rx regime! That is beyond good news. Chronic pain wears on the soul. Not to mention how tired the meds can make you

Hope your road continues to wellness

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!