OMG, you have to eat..... (counter service edition)

proud mom

Take me to my happy place.
I love Disney and I love food. :rolleyes1 I'm heading to Disneyland at the end of February (before Wine and Food unfortunately.)

I am looking for your suggestions for things to eat from counter service locations in Disneyland/CA and Downtown Disney. Heck, I'll even go to the resorts.

Thanks for the help!

Flo’s fried chicken plate
Red rose tavern cauliflower sandwich
Red rose tavern breakfast platter
Rancho zocalo tostada
Clam chowder from royal street veranda

The fish sandwich at Hungry Bear is a new favorite, the citrus slaw on it is so refreshing and makes it feel lighter and healthier than it is :)

Also the mac and cheese in a bread bowl from Pacific Wharf! Or any of their soups in a bread bowl (if you don't mind all the carbs :P)

I second the soup in a bread bowl from Pacific Wharf, or anything made with the sourdough bread there (you can even just get a big, mickey-shaped loaf). If they have a seasonal bread pudding it is a must!

The Brioche French Toast at Flo's V8 Cafe
The Holiday Sandwich at Earl of Sandwich (DTD)
Burrito Sonora at Rancho del Zocalo

I agree with any of the bread bowls from Pacific Wharf Cafe. The Grey Stuff from Red Rose Taverne. ANy of the skewers from Bengal Barbecue. ANd anything from Ghiradelli's

There is a cart that sells chimichangas which I absolutely love. Also another vote for Plaza Inn fried chicken.

Corn dog from the red wagon and the funnel cake from the place next the the horse shoe place in frontier land.

Used to really like the churros but then I had the funnel cake and will skip the churros for the funnel cake all day.

I like Paradise Garden Grill when they have the Mediterranean skewers....YUM! Sandwiches at Jolly Holiday are quite tasty, too. The gumbo at Royal Street Veranda has been good (bread bowl) as the soups and/or salads in a bread bowl at Pacific Wharf Café.
and yes to the brioche French toast at Flo's... easily breakfast for 2.

I like Paradise Garden Grill when they have the Mediterranean skewers....YUM! Sandwiches at Jolly Holiday are quite tasty, too. The gumbo at Royal Street Veranda has been good (bread bowl) as the soups and/or salads in a bread bowl at Pacific Wharf Café.
and yes to the brioche French toast at Flo's... easily breakfast for 2.

Oh ya! How could I forgot Jolly Holiday’s grilled cheese and tomato soup?! So good!!

One thing I find so funny is that by in large almost every counter service meal at DL I’ve had has been really quite good and much better and more interesting than almost all counter service meals we had at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter